Brian Ortega vs Khabib Nurmagomedov

Ortega is great and he has a real chance to beat Holloway. He is not beating Khabib though. Nobody is. Maybe Fergusson but I still pick Khabib by smesh.

I have believed for quite some time that Brian Ortega would beat Khabib. I was so disappointed when he didn't get the chance in Brooklyn.

Khabib would take Ortega down and break his will. Khabib doesn’t put himself in position to be submitted and Ortega will be in full survival mode. Khabib is great at trapping the hands of his opponents so Ortega’s game would be neutralized. He would be gassed by 3rd if he makes it that far. There are weight classes for a reason.

He’d do a lot better than Dillon Danis... and umm, so yeah.

Let me guess Khabib fans want him to fight a featherweight at lightweight instead of Khabib fighting at welterweight the real weight he should be fighting at.

Khabib nearly kills himself cutting to lightweight and won't last there. Why? Because Woodley would starch him

Ortega's jiu-jitsu is too good

He would catch Khabib in a guillotine/d'arce sooner or later
You haven't seen Khabib roll, have you? He mauls elite BJJ black belts. Plus, throw in his ground and pound and its all over. Let's not forget that Clay Guida was smashing on Ortega not too long ago.

Many of you still don't realize how good Khabib is. After Tony gets annihilated, maybe you will see, since y'all don't think champ champ Conor is that good.

Let me guess Khabib fans want him to fight a featherweight at lightweight instead of Khabib fighting at welterweight the real weight he should be fighting at.

Khabib nearly kills himself cutting to lightweight and won't last there. Why? Because Woodley would starch him
This is truth, tho you can see my above post and see what I said about Khabib and how good he is. He is like Mayweather and wants to keep that 0 together at all costs. He is not insane with self confidence/delusion like Conor and is very afraid of losing; just watch his loss in Sambo where he cried uncontrollably or where he thought he lost vs Tibau and started crying when he got the win. Khabib losing is like him letting his Dad down and he wants to avoid that at all costs.

This sport is now filled with top guys in their weight class that can barely make weight, do so to only capture a title and then will eventually leave: Max, Till, Woodley, Khabib, even Tony, Ortega, Cejudo and others. Guys like Edgar, who were old school lightweights are now outsized at featherweight. Guys like Conor, who cut a lot of weight at featherweight, is now a medium sized featherweight who is tiny at lightweight and getting a karmic serving, in the form of an ass whupping, by a guy a that does the same thing he used to do at featherweight.

How this fight goes on?
I think people are going to start working on having their knees bent before Khabib gets them down so they can use the butterfly to get him off. I'm not sure that Brian will be the one to get it done, but he will be way more relaxed on his back than most and at the very least start fresh enough to not let Eagle take a round off like he did with Al and Conor. Still Khabib by UD though

Ortega and Lee are pathetic, trying to make their names bigger by constantly mentioning Khabib and having this fake confidence as if they'll easily beat the undefeated Russian. Lee is the worst with his 1 fight winning steak the pathetic cunt.

Ortega and Lee are pathetic, trying to make their names bigger by constantly mentioning Khabib and having this fake confidence as if they'll easily beat the undefeated Russian. Lee is the worst with his 1 fight winning steak the pathetic cunt.
The thread's about Brian Ortega yet you needed to air your negative feelings towards Lee?? Wonder why that is.

Khabib has tremendous sub defence. Ortega gets mauled..

Probably last longer than Conor but same outcome.

ortega.jpg

For the people picking Ortega, how would he win exactly?

No way he wins any sort of decision and he's not a striking threat.

The only times I can think of champions being submitted from guard are Benson and Cain, but they were both getting pummeled on the feet before that.

I still find it amazing that there are people out there thinking Khabib is going to be defeated on the ground. No way. Those fantasies of Khabib being submitted by Ortega or Tony from the ground are just that: Fantasies.

At best the ground game of these two can be used to stall and minimize damage. Tony has a chance to out work Khabib and defeat him on the feet, Ortega basically has zero chance of beating Khabib: Unlike Tony he relies to much on his ground game, which would be completely ineffective against Khabib. He is also smaller, has struggled before and has mediocre striking skills.

Tony vs Khabib is interesting, Ortega vs Khabib not so much.

Also i think this fight happens now will look like Fedor vs Big Nog 1 and 3 with khabib declining any ortega sub attempt

Brian smokes him with eeeeez

I still find it amazing that there are people out there thinking Khabib is going to be defeated on the ground. No way. Those fantasies of Khabib being submitted by Ortega or Tony from the ground are just that: Fantasies.

At best the ground game of these two can be used to stall and minimize damage. Tony has a chance to out work Khabib and defeat him on the feet, Ortega basically has zero chance of beating Khabib: Unlike Tony he relies to much on his ground game, which would be completely ineffective against Khabib. He is also smaller, has struggled before and has mediocre striking skills.

Tony vs Khabib is interesting, Ortega vs Khabib not so much.
Everybody is beatable Khabib has never fought against a top level MMA wrestler or a legit Black Belt BJJ guy in UFC,Khabib is great thats obvious but Barao was also like 26-1 and guess what he felt so hard,This is MMA and everything is possible

Back