Brian Ortega will be the next featherweight champion.

Agree/Disagree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Granted max or aldo don’t get a shot at frankie and Ortega gets that shot then Ortega beating frankie.
It's funny, too...I'm starting to like Ortega, but he just doesn't seem like such a bad@$$ fighter. I'm not sure what it is, but he is most definitely clutch, as proved against Clay.

Ortega matches very differently against Max, Aldo, and Frankie.

I actually think he matches decently against Max, so if he gets the shot right away I wouldn't favor him, but wouldn't be totally surprised if he won.

Aldo, unless he has really faded, seems like a terrible stylistic matchup for him. Frankie probably somewhere in-between those two.

But I love his game...it's a welcome change-of-pace from the norm and very refreshing.

he's clearly a top 5 FW, but he doesn't have a hope in hell against Holloway, aldo, mcgregor or edgar

Wow. You sure set up that poll for self gratification... cute. Anyway

No. Ortega won't be the next FW champ. His BJJ is out of this world nasty but he hasn't demonstrated the full skill set needed to beat someone like Holloway.

If this guy improves his wrestling, he'd be unstoppable at FW.

dude we been on board since the tavares fight im pretty sure. or maybe his first fight with de la torre. but preach it brother!
Yes mate! We were pretty much blowing the trumpet alone a while back - I remember making a thread and everyone saying "yeah right" apart from you... Now look at this place.

Yes mate! We were pretty much blowing the trumpet alone a while back - I remember making a thread and everyone saying "yeah right" apart from you... Now look at this place.
og ortega fans!

Can a mod double yellow who ever does stupid polls like this. Holloway vs Ortega would be an amazing fight, but I see Holloway defending.

Wow. You sure set up that poll for self gratification... cute. Anyway

No. Ortega won't be the next FW champ. His BJJ is out of this world nasty but he hasn't demonstrated the full skill set needed to beat someone like Holloway.
you should have seen another thread i made about being a fan of the soldier of god.

the answers were...

1. no, i support isil

2. *yes,i am a good person.

I said Nunes woukd be champ back in 2010... 2014 I said it about Ortega.

Buffstradamus.
i think my thing was saying ortega would have become champ by this time this year but i didnt schedule in a injury to sideline him for ages.

im still gutted miesha got pummelled by the lioness though :(

i think my thing was saying ortega would have become champ by this time this year but i didnt schedule in a injury to sideline him for ages.

im still gutted miesha got pummelled by the lioness though :(

Miesha never stood a chance, you should have jumped ship back in the day. Nunes gonna keep. that belt for a long time.

Who are the toughest fights for Ortega at 145lbs @grinderman?
def max and frankie. aldo and chad could give problems too. chad can knock anyone out with his power and squash them with his wrestling.

you?

Miesha never stood a chance, you should have jumped ship back in the day. Nunes gonna keep. that belt for a long time.
yeah i see that now... <45><45><45>

Well, I am not sure what others are saying about him not being able to beat the top guys. He just dispatched Cub in 2 rounds. Any guy with a chin like his, with the jitz to go with it, has a chance to legit beat anyone on any given night. He is so much wider than Max it isn't even funny. I love Max, entertaining as hell. Overrated as hell tho, too. He is champ because the real champ went up a division and shattered Aldo and his confidence. Not to mention, the style difference that max just has the style to beat Aldo. Not only does Ortega beat Max, he does it in 3. Frankie is a great match up and one that could definitely cause ortega some problems. Max on the other hand, will get grabbed and subbed. Can't wait for Max's fanboys to get brought back down to earth. He is a great fighter and will be here for a very long time, but he isn't unbeatable.

He would get beat down by the tops of the division. Aldo, max, edgar put him away. Him vs mendes comeback in mid 2018 could be good.

Back