Bridge collapse in Miami, 6 dead

Yeah.. just saw the news report. Scary...

florida-international-university-bridge-collapse2-ht-mem-180315_hpMain_4x3_992.jpg

The media and talking heads will go on and on about America's failing infrastructure, because they needs something to sensationalize.

Some areas of America has sub-par or failing infrastructure, but the way media and pundits paint it seems rather overblown. This is a huge country, so naturally it can't be compared to other 1st world nations. My personal opinion is that most of America seems fine, judging by my cross-country travels. Maybe I am wrong, maybe not??

did it collapse from all the students walking out?

The media and talking heads will go on and on about America's failing infrastructure, because they needs something to sensationalize.

Some areas of America has sub-par or failing infrastructure, but the way media and pundits paint it seems rather overblown. This is a huge country, so naturally it can't be compared to other 1st world nations. My personal opinion is that most of America seems fine, judging by my cross-country travels. Maybe I am wrong, maybe not??
I think I read that this bridge went up Saturday. If that's the case, I would think that's just bad engineering.

Let me preface this by saying I have no idea whether or not this is true, but I believe that pedestrian bridge has been open less than a year.

I think I read that this bridge went up Saturday. If that's the case, I would think that's just bad engineering.
Correct I believe, bad engineering, installation, or manufacture. Can imagine alot of weight on the bridge, pedestrians and all.

Not sure why this is war room material...but yea that sucks.

Article says it wasn't supposed to be finished until next year. I'm assuming all of the casualties we're in the cars below. One of the people that responded to the article said it had no support under the center of the bridge.

Building with concrete instead of steel.

The designer, builder or both should be going to prison for this.

I can’t speak for USA as a whole but southern Cali is wrecked...our freeways are were car companies test there suspension...real shit

Building with concrete instead of steel.

The designer, builder or both should be going to prison for this.
Yeah,that’s some outdated shit..I’m surprised it was engineered,inspected and calc’d out to be safe..

I can tell by the pics..if no steel was in that (I-beam,not rebar). Then splat...nothing about that pic looks right.

Typical cowboys in suits who pass these things without proper safety regulations and advice from engineers.

Someone is in big trouble now.

Yeah.. just saw the news report. Scary...

florida-international-university-bridge-collapse2-ht-mem-180315_hpMain_4x3_992.jpg
That looks shoddy, commercial construction guy here...
There’s more support for the shade cover then there is for the platform.

No diagonal bracing or steel for the side support and no horizontal steel in the Platform...also no vertical steel to support center mass.

The big surprise is that this didn’t collapse on install..

This is cheap ready made concrete molding ...dat shits Mexico style.

Back