British restaurants in the US - where are they ?

Why aren't there any yugo dealerships around ?

How come nobody sells aluminum siding anymore?

If there was a demand for British food on a large scale , somebody would be there to capitalize on it. There isn't so there's not.

A lot of that is based on what Americans eat almost daily, eggs, beans, ham, sausage, tomatoes, mashed potatoes. It's just ordinary stuff.

On a tangent speaking as a Brit
I can't get over Americans fascinations with pancakes
I went in IHOP in Vegas and literally every single person had like a ten stack of pancakes drowned in syrup
We have pancake day here which is one day of the year...
And that's about it...

So you went to the "international house of pancakes" then were shocked at how many people were eating pancakes? Wow

Forget the British, still waiting on the Polish Asian Soul Food craze to take off!
sharing-with-friends.jpg

British breakfasts look like they'd sell well.
full-english-breakfast035%2Bcopy.jpg

Lunch could be Bangers and Mash

Bangers-and-mash.jpg

Dinner is steak and mushroom pie:
Chunky%20Steak%20and%20Mushroom%20Pie.jpg
There's a lot of good British food. Not sure why they're not popular. Here in the US we have Chinese, Indian, Thai, Italian, etc ... that are all well received. Come on, let's give the Brits

American culture did originate from Europe. It sort of explains itself.

A lot of that is based on what Americans eat almost daily, eggs, beans, ham, sausage, tomatoes, mashed potatoes. It's just ordinary stuff.

I wonder why that is.

Not enough fat oozing out of it?

Beans are for fat poor people. The rest of that looks like what a Denny's would toss at the end of the day. There's nothing special about any of that garbage in OP.

I went in IHOP in Vegas and literally every single person had like a ten stack of pancakes drowned in syrup
And that's about it...

Why would anyone go to an iHop in Vegas???

Most of the 'British' food I find when i'm in the States is usually in Irish pubs. Probably because the dishes from the British Isles are quite similar

And that's about it...

I live here and don't get it either. Those places are all over the south.

Shepards pie, roast dinner, fish and chips, love British food (when done properly) Also found the meat and cheese to be at a higher standard.

Beans are for fat poor people. The rest of that looks like what a Denny's would toss at the end of the day. There's nothing special about any of that garbage in OP.

What has "being special" got to do with anything? It's bacon, sausage and eggs. I guess you don't like these low calorie breakfasts.

That food will not sell. We had one in mt. Clemens. We also have a couple Irish places.

You can get sausage, potatoes and meat pies at a random family diner. Nobody wants to eat that shit anyway.

British food is terrible in my experience. Not a fan of the traditional breakfast at all, it is so goddamn bland. Fish and chips is all we needed to keep around.

British breakfasts look like they'd sell well.

full-english-breakfast035%2Bcopy.jpg

Lunch could be Bangers and Mash

Bangers-and-mash.jpg

Dinner is steak and mushroom pie:
Chunky%20Steak%20and%20Mushroom%20Pie.jpg

There's a lot of good British food. Not sure why they're not popular. Here in the US we have Chinese, Indian, Thai, Italian, etc ... that are all well received. Come on, let's give the Brits a chance !

Sausages, eggs, beans, tomatoes you can find in most cuisines already. The sausage with mashed potatoes too. The meat tie looks tasty though. Cornish pastries also look tasty. But overall British food is bland, and does not really have any distinguished qualities.

You can get sausage, potatoes and meat pies at a random family diner. Nobody wants to eat that shit anyway.

Sausage and potatoes yes, but none of the Greek diners in NYC metro have meat pies. They have pies for dessert though.

I really don't see the appeal. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. Too many better options out there.

Back