Broke Knuckle (3rd metacarpal)

Pantallica

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Hey guys

Not posted on here for a long time

Basically i threw a right hook full power at curtain and didn't see the wall behind it. My most prominent knuckle, the 3rd one, cracked off the corner edge of a wall! Knuckle went inside my hand and i pushed it back out. Doctors say it should heal itself. I think I should get a second opinion, but not sure where. Any fight / boxing docs I could contact? I'm having trouble finding any

Anyone else had a break like this? Did you lose any power? Does it re-injure easily? Really worried about this

Cheers

Baby that hand as much as possible. Calcium and vitamin D3 are your friends - always take with food.

Hey guys

Basically i threw a right hook full power at curtain and didn't see the wall behind it. My most prominent knuckle, the 3rd one, cracked off the corner edge of a wall! Knuckle went inside my hand and i pushed it back out. Doctors say it should heal itself. I think I should get a second opinion, but not sure where. Any fight / boxing docs I could contact? I'm having trouble finding any

Anyone else had a break like this? Did you lose any power? Does it re-injure easily? Really worried about this

Cheers
pushed back knuckles are a bitch. i have shattered the index knuckle in a car accident and the second one on somebodies head. it took a couple of years to fully come good. but they are full strength again. also nearly forgot, broke the right hand in the middle of the joint punching the bag years ago, that also gives me no problems these days.

Cheers for the advice. I know it's common to break the knuckle of your small finger, the boxers fracture, and you can lose the knuckle completely. Hopefully this one doesn't sink and can stay strong

Hey guys

Cheers
Get a fucking xray

Get a fucking xray
even if he gets an x'ray, doctors will rarely ever operate on hands unless they are ridiculously fucked up. i have known a number of people to get the same injury from brawling, only one even had surgery, and he nearly turned his hand inside out.

even if he gets an x'ray, doctors will rarely ever operate on hands unless they are ridiculously fucked up. i have known a number of people to get the same injury from brawling, only one even had surgery, and he nearly turned his hand inside out.
It's still important for him to know exactly how it's broken.

Got a boxer's fracture many years ago being dumb and punching someone in the nose/forehead region. It healed on its own and never had a problem with it since.

Get a fucking xray
I got an xray. Asked to see it but never got to. Apparently you need to phone up and pay for it with the NHS. The doctor says it should heal itself, but got an appointment next week to check if it does need surgery.

Worried i can't hit full strength again. Or if I lose power if the most prominent knuckle sinks

I got an xray. Asked to see it but never got to. Apparently you need to phone up and pay for it with the NHS. The doctor says it should heal itself, but got an appointment next week to check if it does need surgery.

Worried i can't hit full strength again. Or if I lose power if the most prominent knuckle sinks
Well depending on your speed of healing something like that might take a few years to get back to 100. That x-ray shit is bullshit but I would still say you should look at it.

U'll be fine, bro. While u let it heal, just focus on working your lead hand techniques. I did the same when I dislocated a finger during jiu jitsu. In the month of healing time, I definitely improved my jab and left hook.

When u can use ur right hand again, maybe get those winning knuckle guards. They should help protect ur hand. I always wear them when my knuckles get sore.

Also, stop picking fights with curtains.

Hey guys

Cheers
I broke the 4th.

I've lost a bit of feeling in it now, the callus is quite large so I've lost a bit of mobility too (looks like my knuckle is 1/2 further back than it should be) Other than that, no difference.

Back