Broke my nose Saturday, fight in 2 weeks

flamingredhead

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
So as the title says I took a spinning back forearm to the face and broke my nose Saturday. Normally it would be whatever, but I have a full rules muay thai fight on Oct 13th so in less then 2 weeks. I'm wondering if I should pull out or not. The fighter in me says fuck that, fight. But the logical side says pull out and heal. What say you guys?

depends on the damage. is it a deviated septum or proper smashed? if it's just the cartilage two weeks might be just enough if you have solid defence, it will hurt a lot though. if it's proper broken you have no chance.

Honestly I'd pull out. If you are a professional you'd be better off getting your nose right to prevent more issues down the track.

Honestly I'd pull out. If you are a professional you'd be better off getting your nose right to prevent more issues down the track.
hows that sparing coming along? i haven't been able to spar for a while, it's getting depressing. i would love to head down to logan for a spar sometime but given the size and caliber of the fighters there i would probably end up as a smear on the mat.

hows that sparing coming along? i haven't been able to spar for a while, it's getting depressing. i would love to head down to logan for a spar sometime but given the size and caliber of the fighters there i would probably end up as a smear on the mat.

Sparred for the first time in nearly a year on Friday, hand feels okay but my left arm isn't used to jabbing it's been so long since I last used it for anything haha, should come out to ipswich to check out the gym.

I say do it. It's going to suck to get blasted in that shnoze again but it's just your nose. You didn't tear anything vital to your movement.

No I'm not pro yet this was gonna be one of my last ammy fights. That's what I'm worried about. My kid bopped me in the nose lightly last night and that shit hurt. We did some body sparring last night to and I found myself hesitant because I didnt want to have a head clash into my nose or accidentally take a shot in it. Idk if I will be able to push that aside to pull the trigger in the fight

ALWAYS better to pull out early than too late, just sayin. But for real, unless you can tolerate not only the pain and blood but also the watering eyes and still fight close to your best it's just not worth it.

Yeah, no. You have to pull out.

The nose seems like a little thing, like it's so inconsequential, and such a small thing to get in the way of a fight that you've been training, and pushing yourself, and building yourself up for...

But it's also right in the front of your face. It's GONNA get touched. There's no such thing as a fight where nobody's face gets touched. And guess what, if it gets f@#$ed up more because you fought when it was already messed up...and it turns into a thing...and it gets in the way for the rest of your life, because it never healed properly, and you always have that one weird vulnerability that gets in the way of you achieving it all...?

Yeah, even though all your bros urged you to man up and fight anyway, they'll only blame you and say, "He was stupid. He took a fight with a broken nose. He should have known that would mess him up."

Thanks for the advice guys, I chose to pull out of the fight as bad as I didnt want to. Gotta look towards the future instead of right now

Thanks for the advice guys, I chose to pull out of the fight as bad as I didnt want to. Gotta look towards the future instead of right now
Good idea. It shows you have something between your ears. Good luck in future competitions.

Sparred for the first time in nearly a year on Friday, hand feels okay but my left arm isn't used to jabbing it's been so long since I last used it for anything haha, should come out to ipswich to check out the gym.

"His left hand is good only for wankin" Peaky Blinders

Back