Broner vs Maidana official- December 14th

So... how is Broner going to walk him down? I see a competitive fight, not a beat down. We already saw that a guys with decent foot work and angles can hit Broner. In addition to the fact that when Broner gets hit, he doesn't know what to do. when he went on the offensive versus Chino, he was doing well. As soon as get got tagged he didn't know how to react and went back to the shell.

He would tuck that chin behind the shoulder and walk forward. Broner likes to fight in the phone booth but that backfired against Chino. I think the size advantage would help him in the close quarters against Gamboa. From what I have seen Gamboa likes to fight at that distance as well, but I may be wrong.

He would tuck that chin behind the shoulder and walk forward. Broner likes to fight in the phone booth but that backfired against Chino. I think the size advantage would help him in the close quarters against Gamboa. From what I have seen Gamboa likes to fight at that distance as well, but I may be wrong.

No he can't. I think people who were calling Broner out on his size advantage were spot on .

The guy goes out there and stands in a defensive posture but his defense is terrible. Every fighter hits him with the same punch.

I really don't much like Gamboa but he's a big puncher, a better boxer. Broner wins if he starts going back to fighting guys on the level of Rees and Litzau. At 147 he's going to have a short career. At 140, he may get some wins but if Mathysse is the man at the top, Broner is basically finished.

the guy scraped by Paulie and lost a one sided fight to a guy known for losing to top fighters.

Broner is not the next thing. Start looking somewhere else.

Hence why I am saying; it will be more competitive than what you are thinking. Broner surprisingly did better with the high guard, every time he went to the philly shell, he was tag by overhand rights. If gamboa decides to fight on the inside it will be a long night for him, but if he sticks and move, with footwork, speed and angle he can make the night a nightmare for Broner. Gamboa's power seems to have decrease at this new weight, but he still has the speed.

No he can't. I think people who were calling Broner out on his size advantage were spot on .

The guy goes out there and stands in a defensive posture but his defense is terrible. Every fighter hits him with the same punch.

I really don't much like Gamboa but he's a big puncher, a better boxer. Broner wins if he starts going back to fighting guys on the level of Rees and Litzau. At 147 he's going to have a short career. At 140, he may get some wins but if Mathysse is the man at the top, Broner is basically finished.

the guy scraped by Paulie and lost a one sided fight to a guy known for losing to top fighters.

Broner is not the next thing. Start looking somewhere else.

I want him to go back to 135. I agree with your assessment of him at 147 and how he would do against a Lucas or Danny at 140.

Mathysse is sloppy but brings all the same problems Maidana brought to the ring with, IMO, better technique.

Garcia has shown the ability to adjust, I think that would be an easy win for Garcia. Broner would never get by his jab and wouldn't be able to eat those counters.

gamboa losing to a flat footed fighter who can't counter punch ?

no way jose ...

Adrien Broner ‏@AdrienBroner

"Don't trip y'all I'm fine lol that mf @ChinoMaidana fought a good fight can't wait for the #Rematch lol #TutnUP"

What exactly does this "Turnt up" slang mean? I must me getting old cause I can't keep up with slang anymore.

What exactly does this "Turnt up" slang mean? I must me getting old cause I can't keep up with slang anymore.

You know, it just mean you feeling energetic. If you listen to it in modern rap music it means getting high asf.

Finally got around to watching the fight..broner was simply outclassed but he showed when he had maidana going backwards and was able to let his hands go he has potential..however his power simply just didn't come to 147 with him

You know, it just mean you feeling energetic. If you listen to it in modern rap music it means getting high asf.

No it fucking doesn't. Turnt up means basically going out and having a good time. I.e getting drunk and talking to girls, going to the strip club ect. The equivalent of an urban version of the movie hangover.

Quietly this fight has become one of the most memorable of some time lol. Classic fight.

I don't think people expected Broner to lose so quickly into his days as a boxing star. I honestly thought he could generate some major money in boxing at the Pac/May level, its too bad.

I don't think people expected Broner to lose so quickly into his days as a boxing star. I honestly thought he could generate some major money in boxing at the Pac/May level, its too bad.

He's still plenty capable of generating a fair amount money. I think he'll still be a top fighter in the sport if he can find a trainer he wants to listen to. There was never any reason to believe that he'd be on Manny or Floyd's level, though.

Other than his ability to draw a crowd, what made you think he'd ever be on Manny or Floyd's level?

Back