Brown Ari

Having a black belt in JJJ certainly would help learn BJJ at an accelerated pace. What's with all the Ari hate?

Having a black belt in JJJ certainly would help learn BJJ at an accelerated pace. What's with all the Ari hate?

I take it that when making your post, #1183, you skipped reading the preceding 1182 or so posts in this thread.

Congrats Holt, just liked your page. I never thought much of wrestling but we recently had a guy who was an Olympic roman greco alternate join our club. Since he has joined I have become a believer. The combination of wrestling and jiu-jitsu is just awesome.

I take it that when making your post, #1183, you skipped reading the preceding 1182 or so posts in this thread.

I think your sarcasm detector may be broken. That's how I originally took the comment anyway.

Congrats Holt, just liked your page. I never thought much of wrestling but we recently had a guy who was an Olympic roman greco alternate join our club. Since he has joined I have become a believer. The combination of wrestling and jiu-jitsu is just awesome.

the combo fo those two arts make for some real killers... specially no gi.

Ya that's Alex from SF. He is one of my main training partners
Purple belt. Bout 4 yrs training
He's been tearing it up in Cali
Hats off to you Holt.

Bad news: My match with Ari's guy was so short that it didnt turn out. A fat girl and her friend walked in front of the camera and took a look for about 8 seconds, which was basically the duration of the fight once it hit the ground.

The match with the other 10th planet instructor turned out fine, although he was at a much higher level than Ari's kid.

BTW, I dont know if I am getting old or what (34) but I literally was the only adult male who was not wearing some type of tights underneath shorts in the entire tournament. Old school BTT style ftw.

I literally was the only adult male who was not wearing some type of tights underneath shorts in the entire tournament. Old school BTT style ftw.

Watch out you might just wake up with Arona inside of your guard!

Congrats on the win

Bad news: My match with Ari's guy was so short that it didnt turn out. A fat girl and her friend walked in front of the camera and took a look for about 8 seconds, which was basically the duration of the fight once it hit the ground.

The match with the other 10th planet instructor turned out fine, although he was at a much higher level than Ari's kid.

BTW, I dont know if I am getting old or what (34) but I literally was the only adult male who was not wearing some type of tights underneath shorts in the entire tournament. Old school BTT style ftw.

Just as well. I doubt those tights could contain your massive quads. :wink:

Holt, equal part congratulations and LOL on the win. Oh fat girls

Poor matt he's a nice guy. He runs his own club with his brother now, don't think they train with ari at all anymore.

Poor matt he's a nice guy. He runs his own club with his brother now, don't think they train with ari at all anymore.

From what I saw of him warming up, he was technically proficient. Much better than many people I have trained with for sure.

Oh fat girls

Dont listen to what the news tells you, there are a TON of them in PDX.

are you ranked in the gi, holt? You must be at least a purple belt i imagine.

are you ranked in the gi, holt? You must be at least a purple belt i imagine.

I think he's a purple and has been one for a long ass time. He would be a black belt by now at a lot of schools.

Care to post the vid?

Care to post the vid?

[YT]Gw-sq0N9sXo[/YT]

Tozi pass is a really good rubber guard killer. The ref let him stall in it quite a while with no warning. Took me a good 90 seconds to break it.

I figured out this way to beat spiral/RDL a long time ago and it works well for ankle locks when you beat the angle and they dont jump ship.

Back