Bruno Sammartino-RIP

Jericho's podcast is hit or miss but Bruno is one of the best guests that he's had.
https://omny.fm/shows/talk-is-jericho/in-memoriam-bruno-sammartino-encore-presentation

I was kind of shocked when I heard that Bruno died, and I know that sounds weird to say about a guy in his 80s but the reason was I had heard that interview last year and the guy sounded healthy as a horse. He was sharp, still had a great memory etc. That really was a fascinating interview, and goddamn I wish my grandparents were still around because they're from the same part of Italy as him and had the exact same story about hiding up in the mountains after the Nazis took their villages - maybe one of them knew the Sammartino family from the old country and maybe even grew up with the legend himself.

Bruno Sammartino was a legend. He will be greatly missed.

I was kind of shocked when I heard that Bruno died, and I know that sounds weird to say about a guy in his 80s but the reason was I had heard that interview last year and the guy sounded healthy as a horse. He was sharp, still had a great memory etc. That really was a fascinating interview, and goddamn I wish my grandparents were still around because they're from the same part of Italy as him and had the exact same story about hiding up in the mountains after the Nazis took their villages - maybe one of them knew the Sammartino family from the old country and maybe even grew up with the legend himself.

He was probably your uncle, cousin or nephew what with everybody being related there.

Back