Brutal ONE fight ends with Reverse Triangle / Americana

Ghost in the Dark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Skip to 0:58 for the sub.

Very brutal fight especially with the rules allowing 12-6 elbows and knees to the head of a grounded opponent. Anyway that's a sub you don't see often and a new way to finish off an opponent who's sticking to your leg no matter what.

Whoa. He beat the breaks off him. Definitely saw some issues with open guard when knees are allowed

Love the triangle from the back. I hit it more than chokes for some reason lol.

Note to self: situp guard isn't a good choice if knees can be thrown

Yeah that poor guy got brutalized. The just bleed god approves.

Grappling really changes with open striking and it's easy to forget how many positions leave you terribly open to knees in real life. Unified mma rules seek to protect the downed man for better and worse but in a real fight trying to get up in half guard can be dangerous as fuck unless you whip around to their back to stand up. With open striking I'd rather upkick and make space then be stuck with only half guard against a standing opponent who can rain down hell on me.

Knees and elbows in grappling can be devastating and players should recognize. If you think you're keeping it real self defense style you gotta protect yourself or end up looking like Vera vs Jones.

Last edited:
Back