Buckle up, the new Ronda is coming!

Koro

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Kayla Harrison, coral belt judoka, 2 Olympics gold medals, former Ronda's training partner, is debuting in PFL 2 this Thursday.

Irrelevant league. Irrelevant Honda comparison.

We already have a new Ronda.

MMA.png

Kayla Harrison, coral belt judoka, 2 Olympics gold medals, former Ronda's training partner, is debuting in PFL 2 this Thursday.
Ronda had much more explosiveness imo, I find Harrison to be more plodding and slow.

Ronda had much more explosiveness imo, I find Harrison to be more plodding and slow.
Well she's heavier, it's expected. Usually the higher weight classes have much less explosiveness and speed than the lower ones, but they bring more power what makes things fun.
Is there such thing as legitimate competition at womens 155?
She will fight at 145 at some point.

Well she's heavier, it's expected. Usually the higher weight classes have much less explosiveness and speed than the lower ones, but they bring more power what makes things fun.
I get it about her being bigger, I meant more in terms of quick finishes like Ronda. I don't think she will be able to match the hype of finishing everyone in under a minute although there's next nobody for her to fight that's any good. I anticipate her being a more methodical fighter on the mat but who really knows, none of us have seen her fight.

As far as her making 145, I randomly met her at a mall near Boston a few years ago and told her I knew her from the Olympics, WSOF ect, and she's a big girl. Just on looks I cant see her making that weight. No insult to her, I don't mean big as in fat at all, she's in great shape just large.

I get it about her being bigger, I meant more in terms of quick finishes like Ronda. I don't think she will be able to match the hype of finishing everyone in under a minute although there's next nobody for her to fight that's any good. I anticipate her being a more methodical fighter on the mat but who really knows, none of us have seen her fight.

As far as her making 145, I randomly met her at a mall near Boston a few years ago and told her I knew her from the Olympics, WSOF ect, and she's a big girl. Just on looks I cant see her making that weight. No insult to her, I don't mean big as in fat at all, she's in great shape just large.
Megan Anderson walks around at 180+ lbs, Cyborg 170+ and they make 145, i'm pretty sure Kayla can make 145, she is about 160-165 off camp IIRC, 20 lbs isn't such a absurd cut, she's in ATT, they know how to do it very well.. really don't see she struggling THAT much to make it.
Based on what? She's scrappy, very athletic, has great takedowns, and is still very young.
Based on her only fight with a decent opponent and the fact she made 145 only once.

Megan Anderson walks around at 180+ lbs, Cyborg 170+ and they make 145, i'm pretty sure Kayla can make 145, she is about 160-165 off camp IIRC, 20 lbs isn't such a absurd cut, she's in ATT, they know how to do it very well.. really don't see she struggling THAT much to make it.
Based on her only fight with a decent opponent and the fact she made 145 only once.
She competed at 78kg which I believe is like 171 about. Her walk around weight was probably much higher, I'm sure now it's much lower but I'm telling you she's a big girl. 145 is gonna be extremely hard for her imo

She competed at 78kg which I believe is like 171 about. Her walk around weight was probably much higher, I'm sure now it's much lower but I'm telling you she's a big girl. 145 is gonna be extremely hard for her imo
She was on The MMA Hour and talked about it. She was much heavier back then on her Olympic days, her walk around drastically changed and she shouldn't have any issues to make 145, per opinions from ATT members. She's not much bigger than Amanda Nunes, judging by the eye test. They have many photos together on social media and tbh she won't be a big featherweight, just a average one, size-wise.

Harrison has to fight before we can say one way or another. Has she even had an ammy bout? Answer: no.

2 gold's vs. Ronda's single bronze (which I believe was a tie or something)? I don't think she is the second coming, I think she's the upgrade.

Too bad MMA has evolved even in the few years since Ronda was dominant. Kayla better have some other skills too.

This chick is fugly...
I bet the pressure of being ronduh 2.0 will get to her.

said it in other threads and I will say it again here.

Let's wait until she actually wins a fight or two before proclaiming her the next Ronda.

Back