Budgeting for Brazil

SAMURAI SPIRIT

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I am budgeting for Brazil for a possible trip in 2019. My goal is to go there and train straight for one month. While there are previous threads on this subject, economy is never constant so a thread made last year may not be as relevant. If someone could give me a rough understanding of how much money would I need that would be wonderful. My preferences are as follows:

a) I am not there to party. I am married with kids so I have my woman at home. That will not be an expense.
b) I am not doing alcohol.
c) I am not looking for very expensive accommodation. Safety and cleanliness is a factor.
d) My preference would be a place close to Gracie Barra as that is where I plan to train.

I am trying to get an understanding of how much to budget for accommodation, food and transportation. If someone is familiar with the area and can offer some suggestions that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

I don’t know anything about training in Brazil. I do know that the violence and crime is getting worse. If I could say maybe you can look at a trip to San Diego or even New York and train with some of those high level schools there. I mean the plane ticket to Brazil can probably pay for modest housing and food for a month.

If you are going to be a monk and train I would look into training in the states as opposed to Brazil.

If you are determined to go to Brazil. Carry two wallets with you at all times. A throw down wallet with at least $50 or more. You need to have cards and shit in it to make it look legit. Do not wear jewelry of any kind and don’t wear flashy clothes. Try not to attract attention to yourself.

Back