BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER Reboot

I assume you are black by your comments.

So when you saw the comments, instead of trying to understand the whole point, you immediately got triggered by the race thing.

Stay triggered
Now, you're starting to sound mad. This is when the best lulz can be had. Please continue. lol

giphy.gif

Why? Because they WANT TO. It is you, and these other people in this thread that are incapable of accepting this simple truth.

I am a TV producer. I have an idea to reboot Buffy, but, I want to tell this story in a different way. I want her to be a young black girl living in a different part of LA.
THAT IS THE STORY.

You guys keep going back to useless crap that doesn't matter. I am not looking for the best actor to play Buffy. I am looking for the best actor that matches the story i have in mind for this character. I am not going to cast Tom Cruise to play a role i have in mind for Dwyane Johnson, despite Cruise being the better actor.

Buffy, 007, Indiana Jones, there's nothing inherently white about any of these characters

Your last sentence is incorrect. There IS something inherently white about a girl named Buffy. I'm sorry if it offends you, that isn't my intention....but wake the fuck up dude.

You REALLY don't understand the original joke that is right there in the title....of BUFFY.....the VAMPIRE SLAYER?! You really, seriously do not get that???

The original concept was a comedy. You know why? Because it's got this chick named Buffy (fuck what's politically correct you be honest with us and tell us what images the name "Buffy" makes you conjure up, right now) and the contradiction between THAT, and being a VAMPIRE SLAYER. Go watch the movie. That is the ENTIRE FUCKING PREMISE YOU FUCKWIT!

I aplogize for being rude just now.

Last edited:
That's not a vetted source of facts. It's the website for a television network. lol

Like I said, Google it yourself if you want. No serious historian doubts that Cleopatra was a Greek-speaking descendant of the Ptolemaic dynasty set up after the death of Alexander the Great - ie her ancestors were Macedonian. We can't be sure about her skin colour, but it is perfectly ok to cast an actress who can pass for Greek in that role. Just to be clear; I would be fine with a black or a middle-eastern woman playing her role too as we have no way of knowing all of her ancestors. But casting a white woman as Cleopatra isn't white washing - it's pretty likely to be accurate.

This is the internet. I could replay "derp derp" and that would be adequate. Or I could reference some studies that identify the source of your hidden rage and inferiority complex which lead to a desperate attempt to make the world conform to your views, or spend the next 2 hours proving you're a racist.

Or I could just state the obvious; you are a fragile egomaniac who can't understand why the world is leaving you behind. The answer is course very obvious, you're a nobody. lol

Also: derp derp and:

giphy.gif

You spent a lot of time on that reply.

But why?

Your last sentence is incorrect. There IS something inherently white about a girl named Buffy. I'm sorry if it offends you, that isn't my intention....but wake the fuck up dude.

You REALLY don't understand the original joke that is right there in the title....of BUFFY.....the VAMPIRE SLAYER?! You really, seriously do not get that???

The original concept was a comedy. You know why? Because it's got this chick named Buffy (fuck what's politically correct you be honest with us and tell us what images the name "Buffy" makes you conjure up, right now) and the contradiction between THAT, and being a VAMPIRE SLAYER. Go watch the movie. That is the ENTIRE FUCKING PREMISE YOU FUCKWIT!

I aplogize for being rude just now.
What was the original joke?

Your last sentence is incorrect. There IS something inherently white about a girl named Buffy. I'm sorry if it offends you, that isn't my intention....but wake the fuck up dude. You REALLY don't understand the original joke that is right there in the title....of BUFFY.....the VAMPIRE SLAYER?! You really, seriously do not get that???

The original concept was a comedy. You know why? Because it's got this chick named Buffy (fuck what's politically correct you be honest with us and tell us what images the name "Buffy" makes you conjure up, right now) and the contradiction between THAT, and being a VAMPIRE SLAYER. Go watch the movie
Lol it's a "white name" because you decided it was. So blacks only have "black" names? Are there a bunch of Buffys running around in Arkansas as well?
The black valley girl HAS BEEN DONE. Like 20 years ago.
It has nothing to do with race. It's money
5387423969bedd822346c950-750-498.jpg
tumblr_nar8ehP7ih1qdxd3qo1_500.png
images (5).jpeg

There's nothing inherently [insert ethnicity] about any character.
Luke Cage being black is a big part of who his character is.
Dr Doom being from Latveria is part of him.
Gambit being Cajun. Magneto being a Jew.
There are physical qualities that are a part of some characters, including race and gender. But that doesn't hold true for every character
You couldn't make Luke Cage white and call him Luke Cage unless you completely changed his story so that he wasn't actually Luke cage

Luke Cage being black is a big part of who his character is.
Dr Doom being from Latveria is part of him.
Gambit being Cajun.
There are physical qualities that are a part of some characters, including race and gender. But that doesn't hold true for every character
You couldn't make Luke Cage white and call him Luke Cage unless you completely changed his story so that he wasn't actually Luke cage
You can change all of that by changing their origins and/or history itself. You would have the same character with a different ethnicity.

Stacy Dash could have never pulled off Buffy.
Would have been a total miscast
View attachment 409723
<36>
They’ll never write the new Black Buffy character that way. The African American community would throw a fit. Also I don’t think many consider Stacy Dash a real black person considering she a Republican that voted for Donald Trump.

Well, yeah.

She was bad-ass, but Spike killed her.

mtuvjl.png

He killed a Chinese slayer also.

205rqme.gif

Fool for Love is one of the GOAT Buffy episodes

Spike, "The first one was all business, but the second, she had a touch of your style. She was cunning, resourceful, oh and did I mention hot? I could have danced all night with that one".

Buffy, "You think we're dancing?"

Spike, "It's all we've ever done".

Spike, "The only problem with the dance is, you never get to stop. Every bloody day you wake up to the same question that haunts you: is today the day I die? Death is on your heels, baby. And part of you wants it. Not just to stop all the fear and uncertainty, but because you're just a little bit in love with it.

Death is your art. You make it with your hands day after day. That final gasp. That look of peace. Part of you is desperate to know; what's it like? Where does it lead you?

Now you see, that's the secret. Not the punch you don't throw or the kick you didn't land. Every Slayer has a death wish. Even you.

The only reason you've lasted this long is you've got ties to the world. Mom, brat kid sister, the Scoobies. They all tie you here. But you're just putting off the inivitable. Sooner or later, you're gonna want it. And the second - the SECOND - that happens, you know I'll be there. I'll slip right in. Have myself a real...good...day.

I just wonder if you'll want as bad as she did".

Last edited:
Fool for Love is one of the GOAT Buffy episodes

Spike, "The first one was all business, but the second, she had a touch of your style. She was cunning, resourceful, oh and did I mention hot? I could have danced all night with that one".

Buffy, "You think we're dancing?"

Spike, "It's all we've ever done".
Is that when they started banging?

Buffy turned to shit so I stopped watching around then.

You can change all of that by changing their origins and/or history itself.
<31>
Then it wouldn't be Luke Cage
If he isn't from Harlem fighting local crime, then you can't call him Luke Cage. It would be a different character

Back