Building an MMA gym

Hey guys, how is everyone? im newer to SHerdog, but i had a few questions....im building a gym in my basement for me and some friends, i have $3000 to spend and the space is about 1000 sqft, i already have a body snatcher, a bob doll thing and a heavy bag, any other ideas and were can i get stuff?

start out with just matting the area up first. Some high school may sell it to you cheap.

One of our MMA insturctor is being interviewed on a local tv station and here is a link to the promo video. I saw the filming of this and what isn't show is funny as hell. Can't wait to the show airs to see it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdPOnZ4ZaHY

Check out our new school t-shirts.
SSFacademyshirts.JPG

They look great in person.

www.SSFgear.com

one last question i have for everyone is the whole not having money for insurance and i have alot of friends and coworkers who come to train with me, would a waiver signed by them ne and a neutral witness be enough to keep me out of a lawsuit just incase?

one last question i have for everyone is the whole not having money for insurance and i have alot of friends and coworkers who come to train with me, would a waiver signed by them ne and a neutral witness be enough to keep me out of a lawsuit just incase?

It would help but anyone that got hurt and had a decent lawyer would probably be able to get around it unless it was notarized. You really never can tell with the law but if I was opening a gym I would atleast have the waivers signed with a witness. good luck.

Job well done! I'm impressed by that ring. I would put those karate mats under the ring instead of carpet not because of the danger of falling, but because it will be better, faster, more supportive standup footing, period. You need some thick takedown mats for wrestling too, atleast a 10' x 10' square somewhere.

looks rather small. but still very cool, id love to have a similiar centre in my home.

ps: be careful with those mats, they're good but takedowns and slams on those will hurt.

~Foz

yeah my old training center had mats like that id seriously recomend to the students knee sleeves/pads. thos will work for now though when you get the money you can find some good used or referb wrestling mats from a local college highschool and what not. only dislike is the lighting in the picture it looks really dark if its like that in their id recomend some halogen bulbs. as far as deals go i know revgear does a wholesale thing and thats what my school uses for product along with combat sports. good luck man

l_185a294b7eb613a8873c0c79b8437a6e.jpg

alot been going on with me lately healthwise and work (no training ) but snapped a pic of my brothers garage the other day. Just a way to make good with the space you have.

l_185a294b7eb613a8873c0c79b8437a6e.jpg

alot been going on with me lately healthwise and work (no training ) but snapped a pic of my brothers garage the other day. Just a way to make good with the space you have.

how much a set up like that run someone?

Wow, that's actually not that much. I would have thought it would be much more expensive. As always, nice work.

man you should get into the gym building buisness

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back