Building an MMA gym

l_185a294b7eb613a8873c0c79b8437a6e.jpg

Galltik, How are you attaching your mats to the wall. In other pictures you made the wall mats and on the wall is someplywood. You claimed you made them for easy removal too, so you can repair them. Any info would be great! You should write a book on some of your building a gym expertise.

Shawn

Wow, guys amazing.

I read almost every page of this thread.

I'd love to train at any of these places.

SSF, I looked and the closet one I could get to is 6 hours away in KY. =[

Wow I just read every single post on this thread... And it was well worth iy. I know this thread is old but I had to bump it because I think the pictures will help other people make a gym like this.

ok we got a little bit mor done over the weekend , if you look above at the pics wou will see the difference.

we put up a wall behind the ring to make the auto guys some storage behind there, and it left us some room to put two more bags. We are gonna put a heavy bag there (75lb got on craigslist.com for 30 bucks brand new lol) and the huge double ended bag we got at title boxing for $40 dollars this thing is huge , you hit it hard and you better watch out it comes right back fast and hits ya in the face pics

a8.jpg

a7.jpg

we also got the canvas made for the ring but we are not gonna put it on there until we are finished with everything, i also had a friend of mine make a vinly graphic stencil for 30 dollars and we are gonna put the name in the center of the ring by laying down the stencil and painting the name right on the canvas

aaa4.jpg

and last i had the great job of laying down the damn last puzzle mats it brightened up the room alot as compared to the pics above

a9.jpg

a20.jpg

this hook/uppercut bag is my favorite bag you can work all kinds of angles and even knees on it

we had our first workout last night and finally realized how fat and outta shape i am lol , but hey it can only get better :) i am 6'2" 315 right now and for my very first workout i didnt do to bad , lasted about 2.5 rounds doing circuit drills and havent started running yet

but man hitting bags and hitting thai pads/punch mits is a whole new ballgame to get used to huh?

This looks Great I'm a get a 100 pound heavy bag and a speed back this weekend and start my gym since my job is in the way of my training

Back