Burger chain stepping up its game and it's not just convenient kiosks

There's only one problem with this. Unless you've got some sources for your numbers (min wage vs automation) it falls apart. Likely, as Flippy would appear to show, automation is already appreciably cheaper. Contrary to your apparently made up numbers, I'd say you could lower the minimum wage and still not be able to compete (if cost is the only basis for comparison.)

I provided you with another industry I am far more familiar with as an example. This is actually happening in industries all over the country. Cost drives innovation in capitalist society. It's really not that complicated.

I provided you with another industry I am far more familiar with as an example. This is actually happening in industries all over the country. Cost drives innovation in capitalist society. It's really not that complicated.
The actual amount of the minimum wage in this situation is completely irrelevant. As is the wage of people of much higher skill sets who will also be replaced. Eventually, automation will effect those jobs. It's only a matter of time.

That time, however, is precious to the person who is making more than barely enough to live paycheck to paycheck (or worse) while it is just a never ending shitty grind in limbo for the person who is living hand to mouth. At least if you're not broke all the time you can plan ahead somewhat.

I don't think most of the whiners on this forum really understand the sorts of situations in which some people find themselves. There is no "picking yourself up by your bootstraps" when your low wage job renders you ineligible for any assistance but also causes you to slip further into debt over time because the cost of living exceeds your income. Thanks to AirB'nB, we now have small numbers of rich people buying up massive amounts of apartments intended for long term occupation and renting them out short term. Then scarcity drives up rental prices. I find it really fucking pathetic that I keep having to explain to people why they should empathize with the poor. The craziest shit can happen to anyone and drop them off on Lonely Street without a pot to piss in. But I digress.

Back