burpees instead of jogging?

Idontpunchwalls

Green Belt
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here does burpees everyday as a substitute for jogging..I have been doing a routine where i start at 20,19,18...till 0...within 5 mins i am sweating like a pig....after three days of this my muscles feel tighter and i feel and if i have more gas...I wanted to know if ne one else does this as there main cardio

that's a lot of burpees. Especially for 3 days in a row.

I was wondering if anyone here does burpees everyday as a substitute for jogging..I have been doing a routine where i start at 20,19,18...till 0...within 5 mins i am sweating like a pig....after three days of this my muscles feel tighter and i feel and if i have more gas...I wanted to know if ne one else does this as there main cardio

They're not a substitute for each other. Do both.

Burpees are better for MMA/intense cardio. Jogging doesnt push you hard enough to get your heart rate up to intense cardio level.

Burpees are better for MMA/intense cardio. Jogging doesnt push you hard enough to get your heart rate up to intense cardio level.

I'm sorry, you've stumbled into the wrong forum. I believe you want the heavyweights, to mingle with your kind.

How long does it take you to get through that? That is 210 burpees. Why not just jog for a while and then do as many burpees as you can in five minutes? Three days in a row of that seems very redundant. Jog, sprint, hit a heavy bag, jump rope, do burpees, shadowbox, etc. Don't substitute, mix it up.

If you are running through that burpee routine in under 10 minutes (hell 15) you are an animal.

Do both. Have a balance of aerobic and anaerobic conditioning.

Fights last 15-25 minutes. That will test your aerobic capacity.

There are bursts of action within that time. That will test your anaerobic capacity.

I feel like we've covered this before.

In the FAQs, for example.

I'm sorry, you've stumbled into the wrong forum. I believe you want the heavyweights, to mingle with your kind.

Awesome post.

Jogging or burpees? The answer is always yes.

Essentially what he's referring to are Burpees being designed for anaerobic exercise and jogging is aerobic. Obviously the anaerobic is by far and large the most important part of MMA training with aerobic conditioning being supplementary.

Quit being pretentious.

Essentially what he's referring to are Burpees being designed for anaerobic exercise and jogging is aerobic. Obviously the anaerobic is by far and large the most important part of MMA training with aerobic conditioning being supplementary.

Quit being pretentious.

burpees are also full-body workouts = much better for mma or wrestling or whatever.
And I'm possibly wrong on this, but isn't there an overlap from anaerobic conditioning into aerobic conditioning but not vice versa?

I'd swear by burpees.

Joggining never helped me increase my cardiovascular endurance and put a hurting on my lower back.

Fortunately, I stumbled along a little group of forums located at Sherdog.net and discovered the greatness that is burpee conditioning.

I've lost almost 15 pounds and I'm still losing AND my conditioning is better than it has ever been before.

So from a personal stand point and from what results I've had both cardio and look wise, Burpees would definitely be my choice.

why not jog and do burpees at the end of each block or every two minutes or whatever?

best of both worlds...

diversity is the spice of life and the key to conditioning., mix it up

why not jog and do burpees at the end of each block or every two minutes or whatever?

best of both worlds...

diversity is the spice of life and the key to conditioning., mix it up

That is a good idea. I may have to try that as I hate running, but I know I need to.

I hate the word jog. That to me means a nice leisurely slow paced run where you aren't pushing yourself

Your runs, even your long runs should be at a good pace. Then you get the benefits. of course you need to build up gradually, but too many people don't push themselves when running. They think if they can't talk whilst they run , then they are going too fast, bullshit ! i run 10-12 K at a pace (usually around 3.30/K) where i can't talk because i am pushing myself but obviously i can keep it up for that distance.

I do longer runs, sprints, burpees and plenty of other conditioning exercises, you have to mix it up.

Back