Burroughs vs Chamizo & Other International Wrestling Superfights

dsdoubled

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Burroughs vs Chamizo is officially taking place at this years Beat the Streets in NYC May 17th!!! This is a fantastic match up between 2 of the very best wrestlers in the world. Chamizo is looking great at 74 kilos and just scored some big wins in winning 2 highly regarded international tournaments. This sort of thing is great for wrestling, and with Snyder vs Sadulaev also recently taking place, hopefully the trend continues.
So, who do you guys think wins this? What other match ups would you like to see?

https://www.flowrestling.org/articl...ghs-to-face-frank-chamizo-at-beat-the-streets

Oh man I'm so amped for this. Love watching Chamizo and Burroughs...wish they'd square off in a best of 5 or something. I guess I'll go with Chamizo due to the slight youth advantage and obscene scrambling ability, but who knows.

Oh man I'm so amped for this. Love watching Chamizo and Burroughs...wish they'd square off in a best of 5 or something. I guess I'll go with Chamizo due to the slight youth advantage and obscene scrambling ability, but who knows.
That's the first thing that I thought of, Chamizo's crazy acrobatics and improvisational shit is just nuts. We used to see that same sort of stuff from Burroughs but its been a looooong time. But on the other hand, Burroughs is still Burroughs. This is a tight match but I see Burroughs winning.

Has Chamizo wrestled at 74? I thought he has only been at 70 so far. But, cool. I am looking forward to this. . Hopefully there are a few other good matches too.

Has Chamizo wrestled at 74? I thought he has only been at 70 so far. But, cool. I am looking forward to this. . Hopefully there are a few other good matches too.
Yes, in February and then in March he won 2 pretty deep tournaments at 74 kilos. In one he beat Franklin Gomez in the finals and in the other he beat Soener Demirtas of Turkey who is outstanding with world and Olympic bronze medals, 2x European Champion, etc.

Edit: The Turk actually forfeited the finals to Chamizo. Im not sure why.

Last edited:
Back