Buying a Large Amount of Gloves

smittywerben_box

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I currently work a gym that has a boxing and kickboxing program. At our facility we provide members without gloves with gloves. Currently we are stocked with Reyes gloves and are looking to buy more in the future. My question is which glove would be best to buy for at least a year and that will last through rounds and rounds of pounding. Keep in mind our program is open for at least hours a day with over 100 participants a day. Winning is way out of our budget.

Members range from cardio people all the way up to the rare professional that may show up.

The issue with buying bulk gloves is that sometimes there's a bait and switch, intentional or not. Back when Ringside IMF gloves were good, the boxing program I was involved with placed a bulk order from Ringside and the product that was received was completely different than previous iterations of the glove. The gloves literally burst at the seams a week into use. Just be prepared for QC to drop with bulk orders, especially if you are looking for your order to be fulfilled in an expedited fashion. Distributors seem to be so worried about cancellations of delayed orders that they'll do anything to get the product to you.

I know that in terms of pricing, Ring to Cage might be able to work something out with you. I've only had a couple of their Winning clones and one custom pair, but those were nice. I know that some have had qc issues, but I think their customer support is good as well.

I've heard good things about Title as well in terms of bulk orders. Stay away from synthetic leather and go for leather from the budget brands. Hopefully the rare professional that shows up brings his/her own equipment.

The issue with buying bulk gloves is that sometimes there's a bait and switch, intentional or not. Back when Ringside IMF gloves were good, the boxing program I was involved with placed a bulk order from Ringside and the product that was received was completely different than previous iterations of the glove. The gloves literally burst at the seams a week into use. Just be prepared for QC to drop with bulk orders, especially if you are looking for your order to be fulfilled in an expedited fashion. Distributors seem to be so worried about cancellations of delayed orders that they'll do anything to get the product to you.

I know that in terms of pricing, Ring to Cage might be able to work something out with you. I've only had a couple of their Winning clones and one custom pair, but those were nice. I know that some have had qc issues, but I think their customer support is good as well.

I've heard good things about Title as well in terms of bulk orders. Stay away from synthetic leather and go for leather from the budget brands. Hopefully the rare professional that shows up brings his/her own equipment.

Agreed. We ordered Reyes gloves and some of the glove compartments are atrocious as well the thumbs. Same with title as well. Some of the thumbs were really bad. Might try R2C. What about thai brands like Twins?

I only have experience with western boxing. I've had a few western boxing specific pieces from a few thai companies, but have no experience with bulk orders from any of their brands.

I am suspicious of twins. I recall seeing a video of a worker in Pakistan making something for twins, and I'm not sure. I've never been a fan of thai gloves for western boxing. I think my twins bag has a tag on it that says something about Title boxing actually. That's more of a side note, and I have nothing negative or positive to say about twins.

damn thats pretty good never heard of gyms bulk ordering expensive gloves like that most make you pay lol

Try getting in contact with Fairtex.

I've noticed that you love fairtex! I have the BGV1 in 14oz and I love those gloves. Is there a specific model you recommend?

I do love Fairtex, they have great quality. I can't say I recommend them blindly for everything as in some situations there are simply better gloves, I myself have just bought some TopBoxer gloves to try for bag and pad work, while Fairtex remains my sparring glove.
Depends on what you're planning on doing? Boxing or Muay Thai as well? If you want send me a PM and we can discuss some of the other details you might want to keep private like budget.

I do love Fairtex, they have great quality. I can't say I recommend them blindly for everything as in some situations there are simply better gloves, I myself have just bought some TopBoxer gloves to try for bag and pad work, while Fairtex remains my sparring glove.
Depends on what you're planning on doing? Boxing or Muay Thai as well? If you want send me a PM and we can discuss some of the other details you might want to keep private like budget.

have you tried windy gloves? whats fartex have thats better in your opinion i loved windy due to the thickness of the glove i always trying to help my partner when i train

have you tried windy gloves? whats fartex have thats better in your opinion i loved windy due to the thickness of the glove i always trying to help my partner when i train

No one at my gym uses Windy gloves, We have three fighters from Thailand who teach the thai classes and hold pads with over 900 fights combined, two were even the champion of two of the big four stadiums and they all use Fairtex, Twins or Boon gear. The first time I used Fairtex I fell in love with their handcrafted gear and its quality of construction. Windy may well be great gear but I've never once seen anyone in Australia use them.

i love windys logo and the shape sad they are hard t find at least they are cheaper today 10 years ago they cost 120 bucks a pair

How a logo on a glove looks means nothing to me. The shape however is practically identical to any other Muay Thai brand. A quick google search has shown me about 17 stores I can buy them from. $120 is a reasonable price for a good set of gloves.

I'll contact you soon. Budget has not been determined and it looks like we are doing a complete revamp our gym. So probably more $$$ than expected

Back