Buzz Sawyer breaking his arm doing a splash off the top

DannyNL

The King is BACK, baby!
Banned
Reaction score
Not quite as brutal as Sid's leg break but fucking nasty none the less. I heard Buzz Sawyer was a horrible asshole that nobody liked, but goddamn was he a great athlete. Got a lot of hang time on that splash and all the impact came down on his fucking arm lol. Pretty impressive that he no-sold it and remained calm.

Fuck that replay looks nasty...

Goes to show how tough they were back in the day... And how seriously they took kayfabe.

Fucking ouch.

Fuck that replay looks nasty...

Goes to show how tough they were back in the day... And how seriously they took kayfabe.

Fucking ouch.

I remember Cornette saying that Buzz Sawyer would pound nails into the lockers and walls with his head. I don't think Buzz was playing with a full deck but he was a tough SOB for sure.

I remember Cornette saying that Buzz Sawyer would pound nails into the lockers and walls with his head. I don't think Buzz was playing with a full deck but he was a tough SOB for sure.

I think he'd beat the living shit out of anyone on the current roster not named Brock Lesnar.

He was an asshole back in the day, sort of like Scott Steiner and tough as nails and also an amateur standout much like Steiner as well. He wasn't very well liked by many.

He was also known for scamming wanna be wrestlers in the different territories he worked that he would personally train them. He'd take their money and move onto the next territory. There were other times where some guys wouldn't pay until the first day of training so Sawyer would train them for two hours, take their money and tell them to come back the next day and Sawyer was gone. One of the more well-known "students" was the Undertaker. He took Taker's money, taught him a few holds, and then disappeared.

Taker later met up with Buzz Sawyer in late '89 in WCW and confronted Sawyer backstage and all Sawyer did was laugh. Some say Taker was ready to fight and had to be restrained while others have said Taker just stared at him, told him off and walked away.

This was all to support his drug habit, the same one that took his life around '92. Still, a tough SOB and an all around asshole

what a goofy fuck. only regret is that he couldnt have done this move in unison with new jack off the top of the ECW arena

Back