Cabana suing cm punk

Messy. I see blame and ignorance from both sides of the story here...

Messy. I see blame and ignorance from both sides of the story here...

The truth is somewhere in the middle. Maybe Punk didn’t make it clear enough that Colt should pay his half at the beginning.

But from a litigation and contract standpoint this doesn’t look good for Cobana.

There’s a shit load more to be uncovered whenever Punk replies.

The truth is somewhere in the middle. Maybe Punk didn’t make it clear enough that Colt should pay his half at the beginning.

But from a litigation and contract standpoint this doesn’t look good for Cobana.

It would be pretty funny if Punk takes up Jericho's offer to go on his podcast, and then Jericho ends up getting sued.

Major update.

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/1...odn_8u12KqMcvTuzhUKuEee1c5aIi83c0_5lSTq6_w-mY

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2...w-lawsuit-against-cm-punk-after-court-648716/

I was right it seems - case was dismissed after CM Punks lawyers said there was no contract and no consideration. Dismissal without trial is basically the judge saying WTF is this?

“On 11/26, The court sided with Punk’s attorneys, ruling that in his original lawsuit, Cabana “has failed to allege that Brooks provided an offer that was definite and certain enough to support an enforceable contract.” The court also ruled that Cabana had not alleged that the two parties agreed that Cabana would not comply with Dr. Amann’s legal demands as consideration for Punk to pay his legal fees. The Court also agreed that Cabana failed to allege “Brooks’ knowledge and intent in making alleged misrepresentations” about paying Cabana’s legal bill. The court also ruled Cabana “has not alleged that Brooks’ representations were part of a scheme to defraud.”

Colt has refiled.

Any docs? @Bix

Last edited:
“Basically, the court determined that Cabana’s allegations did not meet the standard required by law in the State of Illinois and that he failed to show that anything Punk had done was done with deliberate intent to defraud him. The court also ruled that nothing Cabana had shown was a contract that could be enforceable by law, therefore there were no damages he could go after.”

The PWI has a good write up on the new lawsuit but it stills seems like a crock of shit with no enforceable contract.

I’d need a look at the new docs.

Back