Cage Warriors 98 | Birmingham | Oct 20th | Card Details + How to Watch

GoldenAzazel

GM of PWD. 2020, 2022 PWD Poster of the Year
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dp5HphUXcAA-lFy.jpg:large

How to watch:
Prelims starts at 6:45pm London time (New York 1:45pm, Los Angeles 10:45am) and will be shown on the Cage Warriors Facebook page which I'll post the of link to when it starts.
Main card starts 9pm London time (New York 4pm, LA 1pm) and will be shown on UFC Fight Pass and BT Sport 2 if you're in the UK.

Here's a list of the card

Main Card:
(C) Stefano Paterno (12-2-1) v Ross Houston (7-0) for the 170lbs title
Aiden Lee (6-2) v Paull McBain (6-0) 145lbs tournament semi-final
Dean Trueman (8-4) v Lewis Monarch (10-3) 145lbs tournament semi-final
Adam Proctor (9-1) v Angelo Rubino (8-3) @ 170lbs
Perry Goodwin (8-5) v Alexander Jacobsen (9-3) @ 155lbs
Prelims:
Alex Lohore (15-3) v Sam Boult (11-3) @ 170lbs
Scott Malone (4-1) v Adam Amarasinghe (3-0) @ 135lbs
Kingsley Crawford (2-0) v Antanas Jazbutis (20-25) @ 145lbs
Josh Plant (2-2) v George McManus (2-1) @ 170lbs
Marcin Prostko (6-6) v Michael Younis (1-0) @ 185lbs

If you're on the fence on watching and want a reason to watch then here's a few.
Stefano Paterno is defending his title and is a 23 year old prospect, who is on a a 7 fight win streak with first round KO wins over UFC veterans Cody McKenzie and John Maguire.
Challenging for the title is SBG's undefeated prospect Ross Houston who is coming off a submission win against former Bellator fighter and BAMMA title challenger Nathan Jones.
There's also the Cage Warriors featherweight tournament semi-finals happening, former ACB 9-1 welterweight Adam Proctor fighting, and former BAMMA welterweight champion Alex Lahore making his Cage Warriors debut.

Last edited:

Prelims start here.

Whoa!

Great fight! Inverted Triangle Choke!

Whoa!

Great fight! Inverted Triangle Choke!
Standing guillotine finish in the first fight too. We're getting some nice submissions tonight.

Nope, all I heard was the winner saying that he couldn't remember all his sponsors.:D
The guy looks promising. He's 2-0 now and 4-0 as a pro with 5 first round KO's and 1 first round standing guillotine. He trains out of the camp in Birmingham that has Leon Roberts and Tom Breese too.

I can't make threads so I'm gonna ask here. CW takes debuting fighters?

Antanas Jazbutis is such a veteran that he comes from an era where people still called themselves Pitbull

Antanas Jazbutis is such a veteran that he comes from an era where people still called themselves Pitbull
No joke. The dude fought his first fight in 2003 and fought Brad Pickett in Cage Rage.

I mean fighters with no pro fights yet. I wanna debut (in about a year and a half) so I'm askin bout different orgz. Preferably UK.

I can't recall them ever featuring a debutant. But Cage Warriors is the biggest org in the UK. If you want to debut with them, you got to have a BIG name or some even BIGGER connections.

I mean fighters with no pro fights yet. I wanna debut (in about a year and a half) so I'm askin bout different orgz. Preferably UK.
Oh right. I wouldn't really know, but I'm sure you'd be able to get on one of their Cage Warriors Academy cards at least.

Crawford pieced him up pretty neatly

I can't recall them ever featuring a debutant. But Cage Warriors is the biggest org in the UK. If you want to debut with them, you got to have a BIG name or some even BIGGER connections.
Thought so. Still gonna try tho :D
But I'll probably debut at Cage Rage

If you still wanna fight a few more amateur fights than try and get onto a Cage Warriors Academy card, and then you'll be more likely to make your pro debut on one of their cards.

Looking forward to next fight. Both decent prospects and both have a high finishing rate.

Just looked at Scott Malone's record and he interestingly has a win by Von Flue choke.

Back