Cain is the only fighter ever that beats prime JDS

Tapping Machine

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In my opinion.

Obviously saying he beats everyone else doesn't mean I think he's an absolute lock, because there's no such thing in MMA (crazy that I have to explain this to people) but I think that his skills should make him the rightful favorite against anyone not named prime Cain.

I think the version of him we've seen since the third Cain fight (even in his victory over Stipe) has been an absolute shell of himself, but in his prime he was the best boxer in MMA with great cardio for a Heavyweight and some of the best TDD in the sport. It's just that Cain's cardio/output was several levels above guys who had elite cardio themselves, and he chained strikes, TD shots, and clinch fighting as well as anyone ever.

I think he matches up great against the likes of Fedor and especially Nog, who he'd be able to keep the fight standing against and neither of those guys brought the relentless pace that Cain did in his prime. It would be a boxing match in MMA gloves against those two and I love JDS' chances in that. Cro Cop would be interesting, but I think JDS' length and chin advantage should give him the advantage on him too.

I think he beats Jones and DC too

JDS did fight Cro Cop. He won.

Big Nog was his mentor. I don't think he'd want to fight him.

JDS did fight Cro Cop. He won.

Big Nog was his mentor. I don't think he'd want to fight him.
To be fair to Mirko he wasn't in his prime when he fought JDS

But I'm making the argument that Junior should be favored even over a prime Mirko (close call though). Probably the toughest matchup for JDS aside from Cain

DZJ8_FAXUAY9erp.jpg

Econoreem figured out and beat a depleted JDS. I think the reem at his peak would beat JDS in his prime

Well, considering HW is Sh*t on a shingle-tier, that may be true.

Although Prime DC or Fedor would be interesting.

DZJ8_FAXUAY9erp.jpg

Beats him IMO.
The levels of stuff that guy was on is like using a cheat code in a video game

Ubereem was incredible though, I think he himself is a tough out for any HW
Well, considering HW is Sh*t on a shingle-tier, that may be true.

Although Prime DC or Fedor would be interesting.
Yes I think the HW division in the JDS/Cain years is the best era since the PRIDE days

Also JDS/Cain 2 and 3 were the worst prolonged beatdowns in the UFC since it became sanctioned.

Those fights should have been stopped sooner.

The levels of stuff that guy was on is like using a cheat code in a video game

Ubereem was incredible though, I think he himself is a tough out for any HW
Overeem was using heavily no doubt. We're talking about peak form fighters though, right? I don't see JDS beating Ubereem in a stand up fight.

To be fair to Mirko he wasn't in his prime when he fought JDS

But I'm making the argument that Junior should be favored even over a prime Mirko (close call though). Probably the toughest matchup for JDS aside from Cain

I thought you might have meant prime Cro Cop but you didn't say it.

You mentioned prime JDS but not prime Cro Cop.

I thought you might have meant prime Cro Cop but you didn't say it.

You mentioned prime JDS but not prime Cro Cop.
Come on dude

Obviously I'm not talking about Cro Cop, Fedor, or Nog right now....

Do I really have to spell things out for you???

the biggest issue here is:
JDS & Cain are now shot. JDS ain't ever gonna be the fighter that he was. Cain? Maybe if he can avoid injuries, but who knows how long it will take for him to come back, if ever, and for how long if he does?
Fedor and Cro Cop are still competing! I'd argue at this point that, crazy as it seems Fedor is more relevant than Cain who hasn't fought since 2016 & possibly even JDS who hasn't had back to back wins since 2012!

don't get me wrong, I love Cain & JDS, but it is what it is.

the biggest issue here is:
JDS & Cain are now shot. JDS ain't ever gonna be the fighter that he was. Cain? Maybe if he can avoid injuries, but who knows how long it will take for him to come back, if ever, and for how long if he does?
Fedor and Cro Cop are still competing! I'd argue at this point that, crazy as it seems Fedor is more relevant than Cain who hasn't fought since 2016 & possibly even JDS who hasn't had back to back wins since 2012!
"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long"

<seedat>

Come on dude

Obviously I'm not talking about Cro Cop, Fedor, or Nog right now....

Do I really have to spell things out for you???

I didn't say you were but when you mentioned Cro Cop you didn't mention prime Cro Cop. And they fought in 2009. That's not "right now".

You should clarify and be consistent since you made it a point to mention prime JDS.

Apparently I needed to spell that out for you.

You either didn't know they fought or forgot. Otherwise don't blame others when you're the one that failed to be specific.

DZJ8_FAXUAY9erp.jpg

Econoreem figured out and beat a depleted JDS. I think the reem at his peak would beat JDS in his prime
Nah. I think JDS explodes, finds the chin and its nighty night. Reem was more confident in that form but he didn't really fight any heavy hitters. Only Rogers really, and he's a one dimensional brawler.

I didn't say you were but when you mentioned Cro Cop you didn't mention prime Cro Cop. And they fought in 2009. That's not "right now".

You should clarify and be consistent since you made it a point to mention prime JDS.

Apparently I needed to spell that out for you.

You either didn't know they fought or forgot. Otherwise don't blame others when you're the one that failed to be specific.
"Cain is the only fighter ever that beats prime JDS"

So obviously when I stated that JDS should be the favorite against any fighter EVER not named Cain, I was talking about the washed up versions of every fighter....lmao

Cut it out, you're not half as smart as you think you are. Or maybe this is some poorly written attempt at damage control

Fedor
Cro Cop

Would beat him. Overeem is a coin toss. JDS has awful defence and walks to the cage for some unknown reason all the time. He doesn't like pressure so I'd definitely favour Fedor.

Sad how people got to cling to old memories of a guy who could have been but never was.

Sad how people got to cling to old memories of a guy who could have been but never was.
He was a UFC champion with a successful title defense in the best era of UFC Heavyweights

The hell do you mean a "never was"?

Back