Cain is the only fighter ever that beats prime JDS

He was a UFC champion with a successful title defense in the best era of UFC Heavyweights

The hell do you mean a "never was"?
Yea. I went a bit over board. It's just so damned annoying that he is the glass man.

It irks me that his prime was fighting the same couple fighters repeatedly..

It irks me when cains name is mentioned.

Yea. I went a bit over board. It's just so damned annoying that he is the glass man.

It irks me that his prime was fighting the same couple fighters repeatedly..

It irks me when cains name is mentioned.
Two of the most skilled HWs ever fought each other in 3 memorable fights and ended up 1-2, not much more to ask for. They fought each other 3 times because they were that much better than the rest.

Cain's pair of victories over JDS are even more impressive than Fedor tooling Nog twice imo, and his Lesnar win is very underrated

Two of the most skilled HWs ever fought each other in 3 memorable fights and ended up 1-2, not much more to ask for. They fought each other 3 times because they were that much better than the rest.

Cain's pair of victories over JDS are even more impressive than Fedor tooling Nog twice imo, and his Lesnar win is very underrated
It just fucks me off. He couldve been way more if it wasnt for reasons. And some of those reasons i question. That's why Cain fucks me off and I don't like hearing about him.

It just fucks me off. He couldve been way more if it wasnt for reasons. And some of those reasons i question. That's why Cain fucks me off and I don't like hearing about him.
No I understand dude, haha

But you've got to realise that throughout sporting history, the guys who had the best primes don't last as long as their more consistent counterparts.

- Bo Jackson in his prime was the best athlete ever, but he was done in his late 20s due to injury
- Brazilian Ronaldo had the best prime out of any football player ever imo, but his career was marred by injuries much like Cain's was
- Tiger Woods' body was breaking down in his early 30s (crazy for a golfer), but in his prime he was the most dominant athlete in sports

Just the way it is. Only truly special athletes have top-tier peaks that last more than 12 years. LeBron is a good example, Federer too

"Cain is the only fighter ever that beats prime JDS"

So obviously when I stated that JDS should be the favorite against any fighter EVER not named Cain, I was talking about the washed up versions of every fighter....lmao

Cut it out, you're not half as smart as you think you are. Or maybe this is some poorly written attempt at damage control

Damage? This is just a discussion.

Be specific. Like when you said "right now" when they fought in 2009. Because you used those particular words, it makes you sound like a dumbass because I didn't mention them fighting right now. I was referring to their fight in 2009.

See how this works? It's not on others to fill in the blanks for what you meant to say.

In my opinion.

Obviously saying he beats everyone else doesn't mean I think he's an absolute lock, because there's no such thing in MMA (crazy that I have to explain this to people) but I think that his skills should make him the rightful favorite against anyone not named prime Cain.

I think the version of him we've seen since the third Cain fight (even in his victory over Stipe) has been an absolute shell of himself, but in his prime he was the best boxer in MMA with great cardio for a Heavyweight and some of the best TDD in the sport. It's just that Cain's cardio/output was several levels above guys who had elite cardio themselves, and he chained strikes, TD shots, and clinch fighting as well as anyone ever.

I think he matches up great against the likes of Fedor and especially Nog, who he'd be able to keep the fight standing against and neither of those guys brought the relentless pace that Cain did in his prime. It would be a boxing match in MMA gloves against those two and I love JDS' chances in that. Cro Cop would be interesting, but I think JDS' length and chin advantage should give him the advantage on him too.

I think he beats Jones and DC too
I reckon DC beats everyone Cain beats including JDS and in addition I feel DC would beat werdum too because unlike Cain DC doesn't have a glass jaw.
DC only loses to roided* Jones. I have to specific though. Only roided Jones. Don't think even a clean Jones has what it takes to beat DC. Apart from him, I believe Overeem is his hardest matchup by far. However, DC can and will catch him imo. Overseen isn't as fast as Jones so it makes his task easier plus DC hits hard at HW.

fedor at his absolute best beats DC via decision. cro cop is a tough matchup but DC's pressure, wrestling, relentless pace and power in clinches will be too much for the Croatian beast.

werdum will always be his nightmare matchup. I don't think he beats werdum even at his best honestly.

Turns out Prime JDS is the only one that beats Prime Cain aswell

I don't see it.. he's a guy who has 1 way to win and multiple ways to lose, I'm not certain any version of JDS beats any version of Sergei Kharitonov, I just don't see it, I'd give about 10-15 HWs a good shot at beating him in his "prime" which was basically when he was good enough to decision guys like Roy Nelson and Shane Carwin, I don't buy it

re; tdd, this is based on fights against Werdum, Struve, GG, Nelson, Carwin, Yvel, CC, etc. I'm not sold that he easily stops even Randy Couture from doing the same thing Cain did as far as gameplan, he should ko Randy but on Couture's best night who knows..

I'd favour Kharitonov at several points during their respective careers.
Old man Cro Cop gave him a decent fight - I'd give him at least even odds in their primes.

I hate to be one of those Fedor Fedor Fedor guys. I really do. And I'm a Junior fan. But prime Mirko gives JDS fits and prime Fedor wrecks him. Fedor's trips and throws are and were so underrated it's criminal. I think he would have pounded Junior out. I think Randy could have caused trouble if he could have gotten inside but I doubt he could have survived Junior's power in the attempt. A healthy Cain owned him, but hell a healthy Cain had the potential to be the best HW ever. The sport and we fans were so robbed by his health issues. Cain's ceiling was off the charts.

Back