Cain Velasquez is overdue for his bienneal fight

Tour'soverboyo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is he still a fighter? He usually fights once every two years and i'm worried because he's overdue for a fight now (last fight was July 9th 2016)

Let me look at my watch?

kLuqv7X.gif

Nope

i doubt he will be back,

but IF HE COMES BACK, WATCH OUT.

only 2 UFC losses (JDS and Werdum, both as good as any UFC HWs ever)

and as many title wins as Stipe, but with a better win record.

I think he will return based on the Jones training footage for Stipe, Cain looked fairly active in that. Probably sets up a fight aroumd the same time as DC/Brock so that a win puts his name out there for a vacated title fight.

I think he will return based on the Jones training footage for Stipe, Cain looked fairly active in that. Probably sets up a fight aroumd the same time as DC/Brock so that a win puts his name out there for a vacated title fight.

Lame Velasquez should not be anywhere near a title fight until he can prove that he can fight 3x per year without dying during a training camp as per usual

Lame Velasquez should not be anywhere near a title fight until he can prove that he can fight 3x per year without dying during a training camp as per usual
Just giving my predicition of what will happen. DC will also be plugging Cain hard when he vacates the belt. So cain on the same card or the card directly before DC/Brock.

i doubt he will be back,

but IF HE COMES BACK, WATCH OUT.

only 2 UFC losses (JDS and Werdum, both as good as any UFC HWs ever)

and as many title wins as Stipe, but with a better win record.
He not only underwent back surgery, but it supposedly didn't go well and prolonged his recovery. Last I heard he was back to training, but back surgery's a motherfucker so there's a decent chance he won't be the same Cain we remember if/when he does return.

I would say book him vs Stipe to headline a PPV as a five rounder but who knows when and if he comes back

the only thing cain is due for is another injury.

9JOf1nv.gif

Is he still a fighter ? Maybe he will fight if the athletic commissions let people fight in wheel chairs. By the way my knee hurts every time i see this gif

3x a year?

How many top fighters are fighting that often?

Werdum/Cain should be the co-main for Ferguson/Khabib
Yeah in that de la hoya mma promotion after 10 years , the other part of the card should be frankie vs penn 4 , holloway vs ortega , fulton vs robinson 14 , sylvia vs arlovski 5 and hoyce gracie vs ken shamrock 4

Back