Cain Velasquez is overdue for his bienneal fight

Not many, but Cain must because he has to prove to everyone that he can make it to the ring consistently before getting near a title shot

The only time Cain fought 3 times in one year was 2009.

He not only underwent back surgery, but it supposedly didn't go well and prolonged his recovery. Last I heard he was back to training, but back surgery's a motherfucker so there's a decent chance he won't be the same Cain we remember if/when he does return.

i am sure youre right- the fact DC fought at
HW makes me believe he knows something we dont.

The only time Cain fought 3 times in one year was 2009.

He needs to prove that he can stay healthy. Cain fought 0 times in the past 2 years. He needs to fight often to show that he can actually make it to the ring before potentially taking the belt hostage again

5 years ago he was 30 years old with future GOAT prospects written all over him. Now he's 35, has only fought twice since 2013, and we'll be overjoyed if he fights 2 more times before retiring.

Cain is a soft fragile bum. He was suppose to bring MMA to Fox and got KO'd in 10 seconds. He was suppose to bring MMA to Mexico and starts gassing in the first 10 seconds.

Let him kill Miocic so we don´t have to hear his annoying voice calling himself the greatest HW ever

Khabib by the end of the year will have fought 3X

? It's July khabib has only fought once this year and once last year.

You really think he will fight twice more this year ? Not very likely

? It's July khabib has only fought once this year and once last year.

You really think he will fight twice more this year ? Not very likely
He fought in late December 2017 if he fights once more, which he pretends too, he will have averaged 3 fights/year.

He fought in late December 2017 if he fights once more, which he pretends too, he will have averaged 3 fights/year.

Is this some kind of alternate universe math?

Because he fought at the end of 2017 it's automatically part of 2018?

How about you mention that 2017 fight in December was his only fight for the entire year...

So Cain vs JDS 4 ?

Or do they re-sign Bigfoot?

Is this some kind of alternate universe math?

Because he fought at the end of 2017 it's automatically part of 2018?

How about you mention that 2017 fight in December was his only fight for the entire year...
Advanced MMAth.

It's complicated shit...

He's retired. We just don't know it yet.

I think there's a very good possibility that he basically has already decided that, BUT he is delaying that announcement until his good friend and training partner Cormier retires in Jan/Feb/March of 2019 (after he fights Lesnar). OR alternative possibility is that he is waiting til Cormier bows out to make a comeback and fight again vs Brock or maybe even... Jon Jones.
A Cain vs Jon Jones fight (IF Jones gets cleared by USADA to be back by then) would obviously be a good motivation for Cain due to the long-running Jones/Cormier saga. Chance to beat up the guy who beat his good buddy Cormier. Obviously Jones would need to agree to move up to Heavyweight.

I'm a big fan of Cain and got more heavily into watching MMA in October 2010 when Cain fought and beat Brock at UFC121. A shame his career since then was riddled with persistent injuries etc.

What does this guy do for money? He hasn’t made that much in his career.

I think he will return based on the Jones training footage for Stipe, Cain looked fairly active in that. Probably sets up a fight aroumd the same time as DC/Brock so that a win puts his name out there for a vacated title fight.
While this is probably what they will do, Cain is basically unranked he's been out so long.

Give him Ivanov or someone to see if he can actually go through a camp and fight without falling apart.

Back