Cain vs Arlovski

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Has Arlovski ever really been out grappled? I know he's fighting that dude on the card in Russia but..
Idk just thinking.. Its kind of an interesting matchup

Cant recall off the top of my head, but even suggesting AA should fight Cain is just mean. What did Arlovski ever do to you?

Cain by whatever he wants.

i'd rather see cain fight the loser of Ngannou/Lewis or overeem if he ever comes back.
Arlovski vs Werdum would be a good fight for where they're both at right now.

Cant recall off the top of my head, but even suggesting AA should fight Cain is just mean. What did Arlovski ever do to you?

Cain by whatever he wants.
U must be an insider or have a contact @ AKA... coz Cain hasnt been fightin´ for years now...

Is Cain still fighting?
Serious question.

I haven't heard anything about him fighting, the only times I have seen him recently he looked fat. He has had more surgeries than fights for the last 5-10 years and he has what, 2 fights, in the last 4-5 years?
Right? Travis Browne at UFC 200 and getting demolished by Werdum because of "altitude".

i'd rather see cain fight the loser of Ngannou/Lewis or overeem if he ever comes back.
Arlovski vs Werdum would be a good fight for where they're both at right now.

I actually think UberReem beats any version of Cain. Got shit on on here for saying that some years ago though back when Cain was the man.

I actually think UberReem beats any version of Cain. Got shit on on here for saying that some years ago though back when Cain was the man.
That's why i'd still love to see the fight, overeem isn't the same guy he was before but it would still be a fun fight and a good fight to indicate if it's even worth getting excited for cain anymore.

Arlovski used to have excellent take down defense. Those that get him down, have a hard time passing his guard because he is physically strong enough to lock them up. He’s gotten into trouble when the fighter above him lands outside his guard but even then, he’s usually strong enough to stall that fighter out. The recent fight with tui and an older fight with Nelson are examples. Tui landed in mount but Arlovski locked him up. Nelson landed in side control and was working a kimura but he had no chance of leveraging the hold due to Arlovski’s size and strength.

Barnett got an older Arlovski tired and took advantage. Same thing Ricco did back in the day to a green Arlovski. A younger Arlovski keeps Barnett off of him, and a more experienced Arlovski does the same to Ricco.

In his physical prime (around 2002-2003 to 2012-2013), Arlovski was a difficult man to get down. He’s a true 6’4, has a natural 230-250lb frame, solid athleticism, good technique and he worked hard. Unfortunately, any version of Arlovski could be stopped by a well placed strike.

A prime Cain has the tools to wear down a prime Arlovski, especially in a 5 rounder. Cain is unrelenting and big enough to grind Arlovski. AA may have had an outside shot of landing something early in either a 3 or 5 rounder but his highest odds for victory would be a 3 rounder.

It's Time to pull the plug on a Caïn comeback sherbros.

Please.

And he'd still run through Arlovski. And i say that as a huge fan of Andrei
so since you´re an insider, tell us more: his current weight, current sparring partners, how he´s recovering from them surgeries etc

Is Cain still fighting?
Serious question.

I haven't heard anything about him fighting, the only times I have seen him recently he looked fat. He has had more surgeries than fights for the last 5-10 years and he has what, 2 fights, in the last 4-5 years?
Right? Travis Browne at UFC 200 and getting demolished by Werdum because of "altitude".

He’s resting.

He’ll be back next year.

That's why i'd still love to see the fight, overeem isn't the same guy he was before but it would still be a fun fight and a good fight to indicate if it's even worth getting excited for cain anymore.

If by some miracle Cain doesn't touch Reems chin, then Reem gasses and succumbs eventually.

If Cain is 3/4 the fighter he was then he would handle EconoReem.

so since you´re an insider, tell us more: his current weight, current sparring partners, how he´s recovering from them surgeries etc

tumblr_n7d8zl1yo91smcbm7o1_500.gif

Lol. I respect your opinion and all, and maybe if the fight was in japan and ubereem was in full swing at like 270+ pounds he would have a chance, but he doesn't have the toolbox Cain does to win an MMA fight against him.

Back