California has 8 of 10, of the nations most polluted cities.

It's your garbage spelling, your sentence structure, your piss poor thought process and the fact you were probably swaying when you decided "Hey.. if I'm going to be a tool I should quote them too!"

What a creepy obsession dude. California has some extremely tough regulation concerning pollution and it seems that they're improving yearly.
Did you know that fracking is legal and still widely used in California?

Did you know that fracking is legal and still widely used in California?

Obviously, I think I've been one of the bigger anti fracking cats on this site as it's fucking up my state pretty bad. Tornadoes, wildfires, now a ton of earthquakes here in Oklahoma.

That still doesn't change that his own anti California basis was undermined in the very article with the quote about California working hard to fight against pollution and smog going down, and as another poster said it has the population and land size of many major countries combined. Naturally it's going to be up there especially considering the geographical challenges.

Fracking fucking sucks but stuff like this also needs to be recognized.

https://futurism.com/california-reach-renewable-energy-goal-10-years-early/
“We’ve got to realize that we are here today because of oil — oil and gas, [and] to a lesser extent, coal,” SFGate reported Brown saying. “What has been the source of our prosperity has become the source of our ultimate destruction, if we don’t get off of it.”

50% of their energy off of renewables by 2020 is absolutely remarkable.

It's your garbage spelling, your sentence structure, your piss poor thought process and the fact you were probably swaying when you decided "Hey.. if I'm going to be a tool I should quote them too!"

What a creepy obsession dude. California has some extremely tough regulation concerning pollution and it seems that they're improving yearly.

Ha ha ha ha ha,,,sentence structure, spelling.

Wtf are wrong with you people.

Nerd

Well, we know that you are not.

Dumb is cali saying they will no longer punish people who knowingly infect someone with aids.

Dumb is cali and their epic homeless problem.

Dumb is the cali wanting to be a sanctuary state

Dumb Is cali wanting to charge people who use the wrong gender term

Oh and they also have 8 of 10 of the most polluted states.

Then they got a human feces problem

The idea of paying homeowners to house homeless in their yards.

Sounds like smart people

Ha ha ha ha ha,,,sentence structure, spelling.

Wtf are wrong with you people.

Nerd
The world is a living organism and creates natural pollution as a defense mechanism.

The world will get rid of cali its self, gaia doesn't like liberals and hollywerid as well.

Learn to swin cali, learn to swim

Im praying for rain
I'm praying for tidal waves
I want to see the ground give way

itself*
Hollyweird*
Swim*

followed by an edgelord quotation of lyrics. That's why everyone thinks you're drunk, or just having an aneurysm... Who hurt you Bloodworth.
EachThisAztecant-size_restricted.gif

So the homeless are causing our massive pollution? Sanctuary laws are creating our massive pollution?

Somebody in this thread is retarded, I agree. No doubt about that.

You think homeless and illegals use trash bins?

itself*
Hollyweird*
Swim*

followed by an edgelord quotation of lyrics. That's why everyone thinks you're drunk, or just having an aneurysm... Who hurt you Bloodworth.
EachThisAztecant-size_restricted.gif

I was working on easing an excavator down a 200 foot drop.

Its shocking people expect me to proof read, run spell check, and provide a bibliography.

Especially on a mma site in a section called the war room.

You seem very tight,

You younger generations are so weird. Cannot function in the real world. But can spell .

Bunch of nerds need to get your priorities straight.

Oh jeeze my phones put in strait instead of straight, luckily I caught that.

You nerds would have had a field day with that one, straight/strait .

The insanity

Obviously, I think I've been one of the bigger anti fracking cats on this site as it's fucking up my state pretty bad. Tornadoes, wildfires, now a ton of earthquakes here in Oklahoma.

That still doesn't change that his own anti California basis was undermined in the very article with the quote about California working hard to fight against pollution and smog going down, and as another poster said it has the population and land size of many major countries combined. Naturally it's going to be up there especially considering the geographical challenges.

Fracking fucking sucks but stuff like this also needs to be recognized.

https://futurism.com/california-reach-renewable-energy-goal-10-years-early/

50% of their energy off of renewables by 2020 is absolutely remarkable.
What's even more remarkable is that despite that we continue to see increases in pollution.

The sad, hard reality is that in order to actually reverse the pollution trend in any meaningful way profits have to take a back seat, the majority of cars need to be taken off the roads, agriculture needs to completely stop, and oil and natural gas production needs to completely stop.

I think any attempt to applaud California as some beacon or model for other states is a fucking joke. We're not actually serious about fixing the climate issues in this state because doing so would almost certainly result in a catastrophe to our economy- which will always be the number 1 concern, far ahead of the climate.

So we'll continue to wait for what's nothing short of alien technology that magically reverses the devastation we've inflicted on this state. We'll keep patting ourselves on the back for holding pollution at steady rates or at best insignificantly lowering pollution, all while we further destroy the climate and ecosystem for centuries to come.

I know I probably sound melodramatic, but the idea that we're taking this shit seriously is severely misguided. We're not because if we were, people would be in the streets bitching about having to forfeit their cars for the greater good.

I was working on easing an excavator down a 200 foot drop.

Its shocking people expect me to proof read, run spell check, and provide a bibliography.

Especially on a mma site in a section called the war room.

You seem very tight,

You younger generations are so weird. Cannot function in the real world. But can spell .

Bunch of nerds need to get your priorities straight.

Oh jeeze my phones put in strait instead of straight, luckily I caught that.

You nerds would have had a field day with that one, straight/strait .

The insanity

What kind of weirdo is in the middle of working and thinks "FUCKING MEXICANS AND AIDS!" and makes a post without reading your actual article.

What's even more remarkable is that despite that we continue to see increases in pollution.

The sad, hard reality is that in order to actually reverse the pollution trend in any meaningful way profits have to take a back seat, the majority of cars need to be taken off the roads, agriculture needs to completely stop, and oil and natural gas production needs to completely stop.

I think any attempt to applaud California as some beacon or model for other states is a fucking joke. We're not actually serious about fixing the climate issues in this state because doing so would almost certainly result in a catastrophe to our economy- which will always be the number 1 concern, far ahead of the climate.

So we'll continue to wait for what's nothing short of alien technology that magically reverses the devastation we've inflicted on this state. We'll keep patting ourselves on the back for holding pollution at steady rates or at best insignificantly lowering pollution, all while we further destroy the climate and ecosystem for centuries to come.

I know I probably sound melodramatic, but the idea that we're taking this shit seriously is severely misguided. We're not because if we were, people would be in the streets bitching about having to forfeit their cars for the greater good.

I take it you did fuck all when it came to reading my article. 50% by 2020 is absolutely insane. California is pushing for 100% in what, less than fifty years?

As to a catastrophe,
Second, the rest of the nation will miss the production from California at the pumps, paying higher prices for gas and oil across the board. This also means a loss of approximately 456,000 jobs and $38 billion in salaries, about 3.4 percent of California’s GDP.
It would be rough, but doable.

As to your "any attempt to applaud California as some beacon" Jesus what a depressing fucking outlook you have.

So far, the CAAP has been considered a monumental success. Its numerous achievements include reducing diesel particulate matter up to 84%, cutting nitrogen oxides in half, eliminating 97% of sulfur oxides and lowering greenhouse gases by an average of 12%. The CAAP is in the process of being updated for the first time since 2010, with the new plan intent on reducing emissions 80% below 1990 levels by 2050 from ships, trucks and cargo-related equipment including cranes and forklifts.
https://blog.mysidewalk.com/combati...ne-city-is-improving-air-quality-f6f55cf8d711

Studies also show that children growing up in LA now breathe much much easier than kids did in the 90s. the CAA around 1970 helped immensely.

Also fuck Scott Pruitt, He was a cockholster for big oil here and him in charge of the EPA is a disgrace.
California is fighting an attempt by the EPA to revoke a waiver in place for nearly 10 years allowing the state to set its own fuel-efficiency standards for cars and trucks. The EPA last month released a draft decision outlining the reasons for easing fuel efficiency regulations for cars and light-truck model years 2022-2025.

California also has a goal of reducing greenhouse gas emissions 40 percent by 2030 through the use of biofuels, solar and wind to produce electricity. Also, the state has put in place incentives for buying electric or plug-in hybrid cars, a tool for cutting criteria and climate pollutants.

Southern California has experienced a 30 percent reduction in ozone and more than an 80 percent drop in particle pollution in the past 19 years of Lung Association reports on air quality, Holmes-Gen said. She attributes much of the success to the federal Clean Air Act, enacted in 1963 and strengthened in 1970 and 1990 and state clean air regulations.

“These federal efforts will roll back our progress on air pollution,” she said. “It will mean more unhealthy air days, more emergency room visits and higher healthcare costs.”
https://www.pe.com/2018/04/18/south...st-air-pollution-in-the-country-report-finds/
The EPA is blatantly fighting against helping the environment, Pruitt should be classified as a traitor.

How the fuck with all the numbers I just dropped is that just "patting yourself on the back"? That is an incredible turnaround and the plans for the next fifty years are looking good.

Yeah, you're being melodramatic.

we have a lot of big oil factors, tons of traffic, a basin like geographic that traps in a lot of pollution. It's a good thing I live by the coast which blows eastward and keeps the pollution levels low for me.

I assumed that much of the pollution problem is due to the geography as you noted above (i.e. air pollution gets trapped between the sea and the mountains)

Pretty sure you have no idea how big California actually is. It's 163K square miles. San Francisco which I assume you think is all of Ca is 46 square miles.
*49 sq miles

7x7

For all the huffing and puffing Democrats do about Trump and his handling of the EPA(which they're not wrong), they seem to be out of breathe when it comes to criticizing California and it's major lack of effort to handle pollution. It's sad because if Pelosi or Brown actually spoke the fuck up they could probably get some real change done. But unfortunately they'd rather be partisan hacks and get nothing done.
What are you talking about?

This place is heavily regulated when it comes to pollution. Geography and population are the factors and this state is doing all it can to handle it without totally fucking up business.

I don't get this cali hate.

@Bloodworth where are you from?

Specifically how did cali cuck your ass?

Dumb is cali saying they will no longer punish people who knowingly infect someone with aids.

Dumb is cali and their epic homeless problem.

Dumb is the cali wanting to be a sanctuary state

Dumb Is cali wanting to charge people who use the wrong gender term

Oh and they also have 8 of 10 of the most polluted states.

Then they got a human feces problem

The idea of paying homeowners to house homeless in their yards.

Sounds like smart people
You should change your name to TheGhostOfCalhoun

I seriously think someone from California fucked your last excuse for a woman

What are you talking about?

This place is heavily regulated when it comes to pollution. Geography and population are the factors and this state is doing all it can to handle it without totally fucking up business.

I don't get this cali hate.

@Bloodworth where are you from?

Specifically how did cali cuck your ass?
Heavily regulated and still has extremely high levels of pollution. And the state has fully ignored the pollution from farming in the valley. The dust from harvesting and the particles from all of the pesticides are having horrible effects on valley residents. Abnormally high rates of respiratory problems up and down the valley- kids in counties here are typically twice as likely to have asthma.

You seem more upset, guess your in favor of those policies

Just mad vexed, its what the projects made me...

Back