California high school student body bans National Anthem from rallies

I question your knowledge of what a deflection is.
It's a deflection because they're not questioning the appropriateness of playing any national anthem at a sporting event, their claim is below (from the OP).

Ariyana Kermanizadeh, president of the Associated Student Body, wrote a letter to The Californian, explaining that that the decision was motivated by concerns about the racial insensitivity of the anthem.
“A few weeks before the rally it was brought to our attention that the National Anthem’s third verse is outdated and racially insensitive,” Kermanizadeh wrote.
She referred specifically to a verse which is no longer performed: “No refuge could save the hireling and slave/ From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave/ And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave.

So they're calling out our national anthem as being (surprise!) racist. So maybe you need to lookup what a deflection is because you just did it.

It's a deflection because they're not questioning the appropriateness of playing any national anthem at a sporting event, their claim is below (from the OP).

So they're calling out our national anthem as being (surprise!) racist. So maybe you need to lookup what a deflection is because you just did it.

Deflection are an argument tactic. My comment was an aside........

Deflection are an argument tactic. My comment was an aside........
Fair enough. It came off as a deflection because you kept their conclusion while altering the motivation. If you were deflecting it was masterfully employed.

<Gordonhat>

At rallies? Don't think my high school ever played the National Anthem at rallies, just before games.

Fair enough. It came off as a deflection because you kept their conclusion while altering the motivation. If you were deflecting it was masterfully employed.

<Gordonhat>

I did not represent their conclusion, nor their motivation in any fashion. It was an aside, and only that.

"No refuge could save the hireling and slave from the terror of flight or gloom of the grave"

I agree that verse is inappropriate, especially considering our history.

Why not change the anthem to America the Beautiful?

Well no one sings that verse anymore.

And America the Beautiful references God so most likely you'd have a bunch of atheist crying in short order.

It doesn't matter how much you give these people or how much you try to accommodate them they'll always want more. And what they want more of is to silence people who think differently from them in any way.

Well no one sings that verse anymore.

And America the Beautiful references God so most likely you'd have a bunch of atheist crying in short order.

It doesn't matter how much you give these people or how much you try to accommodate them they'll always want more. And what they want more of is to silence people who think differently from them in any way.
So just remove the reference to God.

"No refuge could save the hireling and slave from the terror of flight or gloom of the grave"

I agree that verse is inappropriate, especially considering our history.

Why not change the anthem to America the Beautiful?

Literally nobody sings that verse.

4a4.gif

Nope just around prior to the year 2000 when it was not frowned upon to be patriotic.
When the American flag did not offend American citizens .

There is a reason why the 60s,70s,80s, and 90s are adored by so many
President Obama in a speech right before the 4th of July warned Americans to not be to patriotic. How can one be to patriotic. Obama hated this country and apologized to countries every chance he got. He single handily brought this country down. Created the war on cops and monuments. WORST PRESIDENT EVER.

President Obama in a speech right before the 4th of July warned Americans to not be to patriotic. How can one be to patriotic. Obama hated this country and apologized to countries every chance he got. He single handily brought this country down. Created the war on cops and monuments. WORST PRESIDENT EVER.

True story

So just remove the reference to God.

Why?

At this point these songs are artifacts.

They shouldn't be changed.

This isn't pro-religion. It's pro accurate and actual American history.

Don't they sing the entire anthem, from start to finish? Or is that particular verse excised out from the rest of the anthem?

Only one verse is sung

O say can you see, by the dawn's early light, What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming, Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight O'er the ramparts we watch'd were so gallantly streaming? And the rocket's red glare, the bomb bursting in air, Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there, O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

lost at 'seems to actually contemplate their position'. Sure, people that enlist DURING ACTIVE WARS (first time in US history an all volunteer military fought one war, none the less two) clearly put no thought into the manner. Well played!
He was talking about blind nationalists, not people who enlist.

The veil of disinformation that helps the American military recruit was doomed to be pierced by the internet age and access to information on the insidious functions of US foreign policy.
There's plenty of internet propaganda countering this, though I'm not sure how effective it is. Videogames are used as well.

I want to see that student body president marry Touraj "T. J." Houshmandzadeh Jr

So they can have a daughter named

Laptoyanqua Sharkeisha Kerminzadeh Houshmandzadeh

giphy.gif

LOL rallying is about getting poon now? There are many ways to get it besides rallying at school.

As for the sick kid, send him money, or better yet, get rid of schools altogether. 1/4 of all the money each parent spend on the schools can be put into special medical needs escrow account, and pay for this one kids treatment.

Lol I guess that is were I got it wrong I should have protested and joined rallies to get laid.

#ShortDicksMatter

Back