Calling it now: Gustafsson stops Jones with strikes

Has jones ever even been rocked cmon the guys chin is GRANITE... he is not getting ko'd or tkod its gonnab be a war and i only see JJ stopping gus not the other way around, or a 5 round fight.
+1
Gus is shot (multiple injuries, concussions and whatnot..) plus he is fairly feather fisted.

Jones is gonna submit him with ease.

Easy win for Jones...at least easier than the first one!

You said Jones would be in trouble if he fought like he did against OSP

He destroyed OSP
I think you are misquoting me, I didn't say that. But Jones was pretty timid against OSP. Maybe because he was ok doing just enough after a long layoff. Maybe he wanted to go 5 rounds to get the ring time. But if he comes in with that same attitude against Gus, assuming Gus comes in like he did in their first fight, it won't be enough for Jones to get the win.

There are a lot of unknowns here. Both guys have long layoffs, so who knows what their mentality is going to be coming back. I have no doubt that Jones will still be on the juice, because he has no reason to stop now that USADA is getting paid to be on his side.

It's an exciting fight, and I hope it comes close to being as good as the first one, no matter who wins.

The running started in the DC fight. Although you’re never supposed to turn your back in boxing/kickboxing that wasn’t really the same thing. It was just an effective way of getting away from the cage and resetting. It looks like a pussy move, but if it was not considered a pussy move, many fighters would do the same thing.

I like what i’m hearing from Gus in interviews. I’m swedish and he does not come across as ”intelligent” or confident when talking english, due to lack of vocabulary etc. He seems very motivated and has a realistic approach to the last fight and knows what went wrong (if anything really). He does not have the same respect for Jones now.

Yeah, you're right, it started in the DC fight. Which was right after the Rumble fight. I dunno, we'll see.

I'm kinda torn because I'd love to boycott every Jones fight from now on, but I wanna see this rematch so bad. To complicate matters, I work the next morning. Maybe I'll make the 40 min drive to the closest bar that shows em and drink non-alcoholic beers haha.

JBJ has been on and off the shelf for awhile now and I thought DC was starting to land some good shots and put things together before he got kicked out. Making Jon look human for a bit

Gus has looked his best against DC and JJ and if he can replicate those performances he should have a good chance at being competitive, his range and length isn’t dwarfed by Jon like most people at LHW and we all saw the problems he gave a prime JJ.

I’d love to see Alex stop Jon and crash the MMA world

Yeah, you're right, it started in the DC fight. Which was right after the Rumble fight. I dunno, we'll see.

I'm kinda torn because I'd love to boycott every Jones fight from now on, but I wanna see this rematch so bad. To complicate matters, I work the next morning. Maybe I'll make the 40 min drive to the closest bar that shows em and drink non-alcoholic beers haha.

Yeah it's a hate-love relationship with Jones. He's been the antagonist since their first fight but for some reason I like him better since he started fucking up lol. I guess i like the darkness

he put up a good fight against a dude that was probably coked out of his mind and probably didn't know up from down on fight day
Gus is a top LHW but he always loses where it matters
rolled by Rumble
toyed with by DC
shit the bucket in the last couple rounds against Jones
when Jones returned he looked even more determined and in better shape than we've ever seen him i really don't see Gus stopping that is all im sayin

Look at who you listed tho. DC is in the running for one of the best HW of all time in the UFC.
Rumble...well..he went weird on us...but the guy was an extremely great fighter and i think would have been a legend.
I dont think thats all that bad.

Back