CALLING K-1 EXPERTS: Please Help Me Find the Answer to This Question...

Bullitt68

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
So, I discovered a little over a week ago that UFC Fight Pass has a ton of K-1 stuff to watch. I've been making my way through it all and I'm currently up to 2005. Though I've been a huge K-1 fan for a number of years, what was so cool about discovering Fight Pass' K-1 stash was that it presented me with the opportunity to not only relive the glory years but also finally ensure that I'd seen everything that there was to see from the final years.

Currently, I'm set to watch the 2005 Hawaii GP. I know that I've seen Big Daddy's run there, I've seen BJ/Renzo, but, looking at the event listing on k-1sport.de, I'm seeing the following match listing:

http://k-1sport.de/en/database/show_tournament.php?id=93

"Alan Goes vs Lyle Nicely: Goes injured himself on the way into the ring and was not cleared to fight."

The fight isn't listed on the Fight Pass card but I have to know: WTF happened there? I've long known the story of how Randleman had to cancel his initial fight with Rizzo because he slipped and fell backstage, but I'd never heard of Goes injuring himself on the way to the ring.

Can any K-1 experts fill me in?

Thanks in advance.

Nothing? No K-1 trivia buffs?

Allan Goes apparently slipped and knocked himself unconscious while checking the ring before the event.

Source:

http://www.onzuka.com/news_2005July3.html

MMA:
Allan "Brazillan Samurai" Goes vs. Lyle Nicely (Team MADD)
Cancelled because Goes slipped while checking the ring before the event and got knocked out.

Allan Goes apparently slipped and knocked himself unconscious while checking the ring before the event.

<36>

Checking out the ring and getting hurt before the event is very different from getting injured on the walkout. So different that now I'm even more desperate for sources of information. Though I'm inclined to believe this one as it'd explain the fight not appearing on the Fight Pass card listing and no footage of Goes being included (then again, they could've just cut that shit).

If this version is correct, that he fucked himself up before the event, then that's not quite as embarrassing. Even in that case, though, what the hell kind of "checking" could he have possibly been doing that would've resulted in him knocking himself out?

whb9jm.jpg

Anyway, thanks for this piece of the puzzle, Tayski.

Back