Callum Smith vs George Groves in Saudi Arabia

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I’ve heard it’s on the AJ vs Povetkin undercard - seriously.

Way to kill off the atmosphere - I can’t imagine many people travelling to Saudi for this, and presumably no booze (and no music either?!)

Yeah that is shocking.

You have an all British Champion event and you hold it in Saudi Arabia??

I guess they felt they owed them a show after the Usyk one fell apart?

Not sure how Sauerland is going to be able to have one of his celebration "parties" in Saudi, if you get caught with the Devil's dandruff in Arabia the Groves fight will be the least violent incident that happens that weekend.

Way to kill off the atmosphere - I can’t imagine many people travelling to Saudi for this, and presumably no booze (and no music either?!)

neither of these guys are popular enough for British fans to travel to the middle east. Scousers tend to stick together so Smith might have a few follow him out there. And no booze? I suppose at least it won't kick off like it does at so many fights held in Britain. Fckin terrible decision

Yeah this has got to be a sweetener for the Usyk fight not happening in Saudi. Shame it will lack atmosphere. I don't give Smith much chance of being competitive with Groves, unless Grove's shoulder gives out and he has to fight with one arm. So I'm not really that bothered about watching this.

I thought Groves’s shoulder was fucked. I can’t see him winning with only one arm.

Total bullshit they want groves to lose. How do they expect a ginger to survive in that kinda heat

I thought Groves’s shoulder was fucked. I can’t see him winning with only one arm.

Heard a few weeks ago that a lot in his team were telling him not to fight as his shoulder was still fucked

No fighter/person in the world is appealing enough for me to visit saudi fucking arabia.

Nobody gives a fuck is the real reason for this fight

You may get the odd fan here and there, but i would bet the same fans wouldnt pay to go and watch it.

These guys are in the same bracket as DeGale, they pull in crowds mainly because of fighters on the undercard, which is why they have to fight away from home

Nobody gives a fuck is the real reason for this fight

You may get the odd fan here and there, but i would bet the same fans wouldnt pay to go and watch it.

These guys are in the same bracket as DeGale, they pull in crowds mainly because of fighters on the undercard, which is why they have to fight away from home

I disagree, groves is a draw and smith bring a lot of travelling fans. A arena in London would be close to a sell out

No ring girls either. Or any women attending as a matter of fact. Stupid shit, S. Arabia is not even a touristic spot like Dubai. Who the fuck would want to travel there? Sounds utterly ridiculous to get a card done there.

interesting choice

Back