Calzaghe's 4 best wins all happened in 2006-2008.

.... The Jones win is held in a similar regard as Lewis' win over Tyson, nobody's buying that shit.

That Hopkins decision was disputable and getting body shot dropped by a RJJ in 2008 is kinda embarrassing but that said he's the longest reigning super middleweight champion of all time and tied for the most defenses at 21
You haven’t seen the Calzaghe Jones fight have you? It was obviously a forearm smash that dropped Calzaghe. If you don’t know the difference between a forearm smash (smashed in the face by a forearm) and a body shot (punched in the body) you dksab.

You haven’t seen the Calzaghe Jones fight have you? It was obviously a forearm smash that dropped Calzaghe. If you don’t know the difference between a forearm smash (smashed in the face by a forearm) and a body shot (punched in the body) you dksab.

It was a forearm to the face that dropped Calzaghe, not body shot. Roy's fist hit Calzaghe's shoulder because his forearm was on his nose.

Last edited:
He was great but not a legend. As you say, he avoided fighting in the US, he would have got mauled.

Let's not forget how great they said HATTON was (43-0) till he visited Floyd and got KO'd and depression/retired.

That Hopkins decision was disputable and getting body shot dropped by a RJJ in 2008 is kinda embarrassing but that said he's the longest reigning super middleweight champion of all time and tied for the most defenses at 21
Lmao!
Stopped at "the Hopkins decision was disputable"

The kd is the only thing that made it even close....calzaghe won more than enough rounds

I can't believe we're this many years on now and people(99% bhop stand have something to say)

I not really calling you out personally btw....the topic just kinda sets me off

....also Joe was "dropped" by a forearm to the face, that also caused a cut to the bridge of his nose

Last edited:
How far removed from their prime were Eubank, Hopkins, and Jones?
To be fair
Hopkins and Jones both called him out like a couple of tough guys....Joe didn't ask for the fight and only indulged them cause they're legends

To be fair
Hopkins and Jones both called him out like a couple of tough guys....Joe didn't ask for the fight and only indulged them cause they're legends
They were paydays. Good names on the resume but you have to put them in context.

Lmao!
Stopped at "the Hopkins decision was disputable"

The kd is the only thing that made it even close....calzaghe won more than enough rounds

I can't believe we're this many years on now and people(99% bhop stand have something to say)

I not really calling you out personally btw....the topic just kinda sets me off

....also Joe was "dropped" by a forearm to the face, that also caused a cut to the bridge of his nose

• Bad Left Hook 117-110 Calzaghe
  • HBO 116-111 Calzaghe
  • Boxing Chronicles 116-111 Calzaghe
  • Telegraph 115-113 Calzaghe
  • ESPN 114-113 Hopkins
  • AP 114-113 Hopkins
  • Yahoo 114-113 Hopkins

don't act like the fight wasn't close

RJJ definitely. Not Hopkins, that fight was competitive and B-Hops still had juice in him
Hopkins was past his prime. Not so much that it wasn't a significant win for him but it doesn't mean as much in a historical context.

He was great but not a legend. As you say, he avoided fighting in the US, he would have got mauled.

Let's not forget how great they said HATTON was (43-0) till he visited Floyd and got KO'd and depression/retired.

Hatton was a really good fighter though

Hopkins was past his prime. Not so much that it wasn't a significant win for him but it doesn't mean as much in a historical context.
past prime, sure. But still a big win given the demolition job he pulled on a lot of elite fighters afterward

Err...Hatton WAS great, you are shitting on him for losing to a GOAT contender at their absolute peak.:rolleyes:

past prime, sure. But still a big win given the demolition job he pulled on a lot of elite fighters afterward
Agree. Hopkins was old, but he was considered a top fighter for years after Calzaghe hung up his gloves.
Great victory for Joe.

WOW! Some real bad haters on here.

Pity you to be honest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back