Can 2017 Jon Jones beat 2009 Brock Lesnar?

Yeah, CM Punk level. He had also problems taking him down, that is what Jones does in every fight. I don't see how he takes Brock down.

AHjHcce.gif
You left out a key part. Compared to Gus - it's CM Punk level. Yes, he can hit hard. But lets not pretend his boxing is any danger to Jon. Hes not throwing combo's, he's not using footwork, he's not using angles, he throws heavy telegraphed strikes that Jones will laugh at. And why would Jones take him down? He will eat Brock a live standing with him.

280shmw.gif

UFC116-ShaneCarwinWinXBrockLesnar1a-250-sg.gif

21dr1w2_medium.gif

You left out a key part. Compared to Gus - it's CM Punk level. Yes, he can hit hard. But lets not pretend his boxing is any danger to Jon. Hes not throwing combo's, he's not using footwork, he's not using angles, he throws heavy telegraphed strikes that Jones will laugh at. And why would Jones take him down? He will eat Brock a live standing with him. .

Why would Jones try and take him down? Because that is what he did in every fight, from what I know. He gets tired eventually on the feet, like he did with Gus. And not Gus' boxing was his main problem, but the fact that he couldn't take him down. and control him like he did with Cormier and the others.

We don't know how it would turn out since Jones never fought such a big recently and since recently he said he will probably never go to HW because he makes LHW too easy.

I know that people are impressed by his record, but he mostly fought smaller guys. MWs, injured LHWs and out of prime LHWs. Again, mostly! When he fought taller/bigger guys (Gus, OSP) it was very difficult for him. Not that Brock was this amazing UFC fighter. Not at all. Like you said, shitty boxing and couldn't take many punches in the face (although Reem and Cain were the best at this). I agree. But he was big AF with top wrestling.

You left out a key part. Compared to Gus - it's CM Punk level. Yes, he can hit hard. But lets not pretend his boxing is any danger to Jon. Hes not throwing combo's, he's not using footwork, he's not using angles, he throws heavy telegraphed strikes that Jones will laugh at. And why would Jones take him down? He will eat Brock a live standing with him.

280shmw.gif

UFC116-ShaneCarwinWinXBrockLesnar1a-250-sg.gif

21dr1w2_medium.gif
I have no idea why you chose all these Carlin gifs to prove any point about how he would look against Jones. Carwin had super human punching power. He exhaled as hard as Jones jabs. Not trying to diminish Jones. I favor him for his own reasons. He is nothing like Carwin, only a fool would think that

I have no idea why you chose all these Carlin gifs to prove any point about how he would look against Jones. Carwin had super human punching power. He exhaled as hard as Jones jabs. Not trying to diminish Jones. I favor him for his own reasons. He is nothing like Carwin, only a fool would think that
They're the easiest to find. But to say "Jones struggled with Gus" like you have to take that into account when he fights Brock means yo believe Brock can strike as well as Gus. And any gif of him striking, or defending strikes says the polar opposite. Watch him against anyone, his footwork his terrible, his head movement his terrible, he doesn't throw combos, his jab is dogshit. He either throws huge telegraphed shots, or turtles and runs straight back once he starts getting hit.

2009 Brock Lesnar couldn't even beat 2009 Brock Lesnar.

Why would Jones try and take him down? Because that is what he did in every fight, from what I know. He gets tired eventually on the feet, like he did with Gus. And not Gus' boxing was his main problem, but the fact that he couldn't take him down. and control him like he did with Cormier and the others.

We don't know how it would turn out since Jones never fought such a big recently and since recently he said he will probably never go to HW because he makes LHW too easy.

I know that people are impressed by his record, but he mostly fought smaller guys. MWs, injured LHWs and out of prime LHWs. Again, mostly! When he fought taller/bigger guys (Gus, OSP) it was very difficult for him. Not that Brock was this amazing UFC fighter. Not at all. Like you said, shitty boxing and couldn't take many punches in the face (although Reem and Cain were the best at this). I agree. But he was big AF with top wrestling.
He went 3 rounds with DC before knocking him out and didn't get a takedown. This idea that he struggled with OSP is hilarious, go back and watch the fight - anyone else has that performance and they'd be praising him for a perfect fight. 3/5 takedowns, outstruck him in every round, barely got touched the entire fight. And if you're goign to now pick apart Jones' record and pretend it's not impressive, than nobody in the UFC has a impressive record. The entire roster has fought bums.

Simple!
Jones never fought someone as big as Lesnar (not even close) and he had trouble with Gus.
Good record, but let's not compare Chael, MW Machida, MW Vitor, MW Rashad, injured Shogun, Rampage who didn't finish Hamil with 2009 Brock.

A prime Lesnar only beat people one way, and a prime Lesnar wouldn't be able to hold down a wrestler as good as Jones. An ancient Lesnar wouldn't have much of any chance of holding Jones down. It wouldn't be competitive.

Cormier is a great technical wrestler but at the end of the day Brock has like 5 inches of height on him and probably 50-60 pounds.

Also recall that Gus took Jones down. If Brock charges Jones there's a good chance he gets him down and when he does, it's gonna be savage as fuck.

Not that any of this speculation can be proven either way since Jones is never gonna fight again.

side note:

i thought brock reacted better to being punched at vs hunt then ever before. Anyone else?

Cormier is a great technical wrestler but at the end of the day Brock has like 5 inches of height on him and probably 50-60 pounds.

Also recall that Gus took Jones down. If Brock charges Jones there's a good chance he gets him down and when he does, it's gonna be savage as fuck.

Not that any of this speculation can be proven either way since Jones is never gonna fight again.

Jones or Cormier at HW most likely weigh very similar to Cain when at HW, a soft 240 or so. Not saying that means they will handle Brock quite as easily, just an observation.

Jones was a soft 238 vs Hendo, although not in fighting shape I'm sure, and Cormier was up there in his HW days.

I'd favor Jones but I'm not pretending this is some cake walk either at least for the first 2 rounds. I don't think Lesnar could go the distance.

Back