Can ALL voices in a society be heard?

CauseImbetta

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I and my fellow Republicans think it's impossible. Yet Democrats try to appeal to every single voice of every person, wako, wierdo, 35th nonsensical gender or migrant to be heard for extra votes.

It's impossible to appease every single voice. And many shouldn't be appealed to.

Do you agree?

No way. Someone is always going to feel/be left out.

No, and that is for the best.

The same reason why democracy as a concept is largely abstract and wonky in practice.

The alt right is no better and quite possibly worse than the alt left

Get your shit together @CauseImbetta

Of course not. Who would want to hear every dumbass opinion on anything. Most people are very poorly informed.

i mean technically yes, that's what SM can be used for. Youtube's tag used to literally be "broadcast yourself', granted that was in pre adpocalypse days

doesn't mean people have to take you seriously or value your opinion.

The alt right is no better and quite possibly worse than the alt left

Get your shit together @CauseImbetta

Not really the point of this thread young man. Your off topic. But sure, I'll bite. Alt and extreme anything is bad. The CIA listed Antifa as a terrorist group. Calling a spade a spade.

No, and that is for the best.

The same reason why democracy as a concept is largely abstract and wonky in practice.

What's the alternative. Communism? That's proven to be a disaster. A kingdom like Saudi Arabia? Even worse.

I and my fellow Republicans think it's impossible. Yet Democrats try to appeal to every single voice of every person, wako, wierdo, 35th nonsensical gender or migrant to be heard for extra votes.

It's impossible to appease every single voice. And many shouldn't be appealed to.

Do you agree?

I thought this was going to be a thoughtful thread about direct democracy and referendums, but you decided to go the hollow partisan route.

Democrats haven't so much as broken a nail trying to appeal to anyone but electorally expedient demographics, so I'm not sure on what you're basing your opinion. Democrats have been raked over the coals for their fairly vapid appeals to minorities and the poor while advancing centrist policies that, while more populist than those of Republicans, still disproportionately help the well-off.

I thought this was going to be a thoughtful thread about direct democracy and referendums, but you decided to go the hollow partisan route.

Democrats haven't so much as broken a nail trying to appeal to anyone but electorally expedient demographics, so I'm not sure on what you're basing your opinion. Democrats have been raked over the coals for their fairly vapid appeals to minorities and the poor while advancing centrist policies that, while more populist than those of Republicans, still disproportionately help the well-off.

I question the ability to make everyone happy. Even in our American oligarchy. Canadians are more happy with their true democratic parliamentary system. Even more of a melting pot then the USA. The us will never be as non-partian by nature as Canada. Why? Our history. Our 2 options of only Republican or Democrats. Lacking any centrist, non-corrupt contenders is a huge problem.

I have no pitty for the democratics. They shot themselves in the foot when they sabotaged Bernie Sanders. Hillary is corrupt.

People will never be happy by nature. Trump announced blacks have an all time low unemployment. Not one black person got up to clap. Perpetuating race issues is fuel for many self interests. Making every person happy is impossible here.

What's the alternative. Communism? That's proven to be a disaster. A kingdom like Saudi Arabia? Even worse.

A republic would be ideal in theory. Where the US went wrong was allowing the representatives to become paid shills.

I question the ability to make everyone happy. Even in our American oligarchy. Canadians are more happy with their true democratic parliamentary system. Even more of a melting pot then the USA. The us will never be as non-partian by nature as Canada. Why? Our history. Our 2 options of only Republican or Democrats. Lacking any centrist, non-corrupt contenders is a huge problem.

I have no pitty for the democratics. They shot themselves in the foot when they sabotaged Bernie Sanders. Hillary is corrupt.

People will never be happy by nature. Trump announced blacks have an all time low unemployment. Not one black person got up to clap. Perpetuating race issues is fuel for many self interests. Making every person happy is impossible here.
Yea, those ungrateful fucking blacks, They shouldve been on their knees praising Jesus for that one

A republic would be ideal in theory. Where the US went wrong was allowing the representatives to become paid shills.

Usa is not true democracy. It's an oligarchy.

True democracy is like Canada and Britain, parliamentary system. Switzerland, direct democracy. The happiest countries in the world.

Usa is not true democracy. It's an oligarchy.

True democracy is like Canada and Britain, parliamentary system. Switzerland, direct democracy. The happiest countries in the world.

The US is typically defined as a republic, but I agree that it's become much more of an oligarchy over the years. Again, had money been kept out of politics I'm not sure we'd be in this position.

The US is typically defined as a republic, but I agree that it's become much more of an oligarchy over the years. Again, had money been kept out of politics I'm not sure we'd be in this position.

Exactly, 2 parties are more corruptable in the us then Canada, because Canada has 5 active parties. In the USA interest groups such as pharma, AIPAC, and the military industrial complex pay them off.

Back