Can anyone detail this "awkward magic" that is supposed to reinvent boxing and topple Floyd?

Oxs7ReJ.jpg
Yup that's the man Cortez said per your own admission went life and death with Mcgregor

Let that sink in

Mcgregor went life and death with a commentator!!

Wow

Anyone at all, please. Please describe this supposed phenomenon.

Hopefully Conor's awkward movement throws Mayweather off early in the fight, and he can land a KO.

Would be a fucking miracle though.

Hopefully Conor's awkward movement throws Mayweather off early in the fight, and he can land a KO.

May the best man win . I was rooting for Conor but after listening to his team being very disrespectful to the most brutal combat sport and being disrespectful to boxing fans , all that hubris deserves for Conor to get embarrassed

@Bogotazo what do you make of his karate stance on shot and push in style ?
You think it could throw off Mayweather early ,
I don't think Conor has the power

What's super interesting is Bisbing boxing coach talks about how his friend fought Shane Mosley in the ammys and said someone threw something to his head during the fight and the ref said nothing

Well he soon realized that it WAS Shane who hit him but he was so fast his mind eyes didn't register his movement

And says Mayweather made Shane miss , that's the speed Mayweather is used to

@Bogotazo
Great thread, great content and great videos. I love watching Maidana do his thing, and I haven't seen those two videos before.

I agree with everything you said, especially with learning how to box conventionally so you know how to be "unconventional."

Also I believe this
giphy.gif

Is Conor trying to practice his check hooks. It looks strange, but that's what he's doing.

@Bogotazo what do you make of his karate stance on shot and push in style ?
You think it could throw off Mayweather early ,
I don't think Conor has the power

What's super interesting is Bisbing boxing coach talks about how his friend fought Shane Mosley in the ammys and said someone threw something to his head during the fight and the ref said nothing

Well he soon realized that it WAS Shane who hit him but he was so fast his mind eyes didn't register his movement

And says Mayweather made Shane miss , that's the speed Mayweather is used to

The bounce is linear. The more linear he is the more easy it is for Floyd. Floyd will be studying him early no matter what. Floyd might come out with a few hard shots early but always with an eye towards what he'll fall for. So while people may think Conor is befuddling him with those awkward movements, it's only a matter of time.

@Bogotazo
Great thread, great content and great videos. I love watching Maidana do his thing, and I haven't seen those two videos before.

I agree with everything you said, especially with learning how to box conventionally so you know how to be "unconventional."

Also I believe this
giphy.gif

Is Conor trying to practice his check hooks. It looks strange, but that's what he's doing.

It's weird that he switches stances so that it's a cross with no pivot on it instead.

What awkward movement though? What movement? When does he move awkwardly in his fights?

When Conor got popped while switching stances I felt like "finally, it's the 3rd time he does it". He never landed doing it really but he got popped bad doing it from too close

@Bogotazo

Seagal's sensei said:
I think you're way off and I think we'll see Floyd make more than one panicked escape with his side and back turned towards Conor, just like Paulie and Van Herdeen in the short sparring clips, just like so many MMA opponents before them. Time will tell.

Floyd always backsteps side-on, but if he ever turns his back I'll change my username to Conor'sBitch. I don't really get why you think why Floyd will be befuddled by Conor's footwork when he hasn't practiced fighting at boxing range and setting up and defending against those kinds of punches nearly as much or as long. Van Heerden seemed to have little trouble with Conor so I'm not sure what your point is there.

"I am Conor'sBitch" in your sig for a month. Cool?

There's a difference between turning your back and Conor swiveling behind Floyd in the clinch. But if you find my a gif of Floyd turning away purposefully I'll add it to my sig for sure.

Lol. That's so lame...

Look you know you were wrong. If you don't want to be a man about it and are willing to go back on your word then that's on you. Floyd turned his back numerous times.

Lol. That's so lame...

Look you know you were wrong. If you don't want to be a man about it and are willing to go back on your word then that's on you. Floyd turned his back numerous times.

Show me the moving image of Floyd purposefully turning his back and I'll do it no problem. You have my word.

Show me the moving image of Floyd purposefully turning his back and I'll do it no problem. You have my word.

So the onus is on me to download the fight, make a gif and deliver it to you?

Also what's with moving the goal posts? "But if he ever turns his back I'll change my username to Conor'sBitch" is what you wrote.

Nah you're a bitch that doesn't honor your bet - duly noted. Shame on you.

Also what's with moving the goal posts? "But if he ever turns his back I'll change my username to Conor'sBitch" is what you wrote.

Dude, Floyd never turned his back purposefully. If you're demanding that I change my avatar for something that didn't happen, then yes, it's on you to prove it. If it happened, you should have no problem finding the instance. Conor shuffling behind Floyd to rabbit punch him isn't the same thing. As soon as you provide it, I'll change my sig. It's no big deal to me but you're describing something that didn't happen.

You sound really salty and bitter conor lost LMAO. Go away virgin.

Dude, Floyd never turned his back purposefully. If you're demanding that I change my avatar for something that didn't happen, then yes, it's on you to prove it. If it happened, you should have no problem finding the instance. Conor shuffling behind Floyd to rabbit punch him isn't the same thing. As soon as you provide it, I'll change my sig. It's no big deal to me but you're describing something that didn't happen.

Whatever...

Whatever...
Conor really is something, he's able to get behind Floyd's back a dozen times effortlessly. I guess it must be that awkward magic, the MMA angles, that let him get such a dominant, superior position, despite Floyd not turning his back.

Back