Can CM Punk ever go back to wrestling..?

Interesting. This could be true. I haven't watch wrestling since the WWE bought WCW(I haven't even seen one CM Punk match lol). So the breed of fan might of changed since my day...

The whole business is different. Fans care about who is a good pro-wrestler. Guys who can put on a good match and entertain them. Punk can do that, plus he can deliver a good promo.

He's a delusional twat, who foolishly jumped into the deep end of a pool in a sport he had no business being in, but it hurt his pro-wrestling stock about as much as Michael Jordan's baseball venture hurt his basketball career.

That all said, unless Punk goes broke for some reason, I doubt he ever goes back to the WWE. He seems to have a genuine disdain for them. I could see him being lured into a contract with TNA though. Those guys are a bit of a joke, but they pay pretty good, and the schedule is much lighter.

He gave it his best shot @ MMA...

I don;t question his heart but he was seriously lacking athleticism or any sort of fighting skills. Receiving a gifted blue belt in GJJ from Rener Gracie doesn't count either.

Losing to Gall was one thing (the guy is completely legit), but getting tooled by Mike Jackson (a fighter that couldn't even make the TUF show) has to be somewhat devastating to his WWE career. I watched a lot of wrestling growing up, and one thing is for sure - real or not wrestlers have to have some mystique of being a ''tough guy''. After the Mike Jackson humiliation, Phil Brooks has none of that..

Can Vince use his magic and bring CM Punk back from the dead? or is this a case of being too far gone?

Dear Mods. I would prefer this thread to stay in the heavies, but if you really feel a need to move this to the ''WWE forum'', I'll understand...

Only if there's a way to make $$$. $$$ makes anything possible.

lol didn't even know about the lawsuit. This thread was more about if he could ever go back to Wrestling..
Yea. On twa or something. Hes proper fucked his career up.

Maybe he could go to a more regional promo but they don't have the kind money hed require.

Punks future is in celebrity apprentice and celebrity big brother.

Maybe hed also be good in celebrity get me out of here and celebrity fear factor.

Last edited:
Probably not.

With the way he upped and left on them and the lawsuit, I can't see WWE wanting him back.

Yes he could go back to wrestling for 50 people in someones backyard though

I don't think he wants to go back.
Thats the thing,i dont think he does either...but maybe time will heal the wounds. Hes a talented guy and interesting personality. I hope he finds something to do.

he can certainly go back to wrestling. he's a big name. not matter what, his move to fight in MMA has paid off for him. i remember looking at his net worth when he first signed with the UFC and his net worth has increased quite a bit since then. he fell on his face in the cage, but his pockets got filled.

Thats the thing,i dont think he does either...but maybe time will heal the wounds. Hes a talented guy and interesting personality. I hope he finds something to do.

He could start missing the spotlight, but from what I've heard him say, he's never going back.

He's still salty that Cena got to wrestle rock and his title reign was second tier billing

WWE always need a good story, a comeback is always a good story, him kicking butts after being made fun of for his UFC stint.

Pedigree wise. Absolutely. I just don't think he wants to, and if he did I doubt itd be with wwe. Likely would work with njpw

Many wrestling fans feel that he turned his back on them. If he were to come back he would get a lot of cheers but would also catch a lot of shit.

My son is big into wrestling and I take him to every event that comes to Chicago. The CM Punk chants always start up, but, at the last PPV a few people started the chant and were immediately met with boos. It was interesting.

he'll be bigger than ever because hes been away for so long. He wont be stale like alot of other guys who are always on tv

Can only win the Women's title while dudes like Brock and Lashley are floating around the picture.

He should go to 205Live.

He has plenty of options, but I think his best one is to head over to New Japan Pro Wrestling. The Japanese love wrestlers with real fighting credentials. If he goes back to the UFC, Vince would likely give him a short run and then bury him until he quits again (out of revenge). I can just imagine Punk getting wrecked by Roman Reigns over and over.

He gave it his best shot @ MMA...

I don;t question his heart but he was seriously lacking athleticism or any sort of fighting skills. Receiving a gifted blue belt in GJJ from Rener Gracie doesn't count either.
Disagree that it was his best shot

I think he barely trained and didn't care. All he wanted was a paycheck

Brock lesnar got his ass kicked by cain and the reem,it didnt hurt his drawing power one cent.
But he had success prior to those losses. Like winning the UFC title. Big difference. Cain and Overeem are as legit as it gets.

I think if cm punk does come back to WWE or pro wrestling in general he can't come back winning matches. That's going to look bad, especially to his critics. Can't win a real fight but books himself to win a fake one. If he goes back to prowrestling he has to lose his first match back then build himself up again. Maybe lose his first 2 matches back.

Disagree that it was his best shot

I think he barely trained and didn't care. All he wanted was a paycheck
You could be right, but why go through with that beating all the way from MJ? Seemed like unnecessary damage for a million dollar pay check. He's always had $...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back