Can Fedor somehow get it done in this tournament of bums?

I am the biggest Fedor fan out there but hope is dwindling after his last couple of outings....

Is there any way he can go “classic” Fedor and get it done against these jokers that he would have gone thru in one night back in the day?

Please someone...anyone... tell me there is some light ahead....

You're calling the torunement bums when clearly there are guys that could/would beat him.

Interesting

Not happening. Fedor fans should hope that Mir finishes the job because if fedor someone wins, they’re gonna have to deal with the embarrassment of Chael Sonnen winning a 30-27 UD against fedor in the semi finals.

I have Mir winning but Fedor armbars Chael either legitimately or fixed, but no 30-37..

I would never refer to Fedor as a bum but these days, he is so far past it....these bums could potentially beat him.

If Fedor was in his prime and these other guys were in their prime? Fedor Zulu’s them ALL.

My point is, I wouldn't call guys who have a better chance at beating him than losing to him, bums.. then it's bum by association if he loses...

Maldonado beat that ass and gassed lol

My point is, I wouldn't call guys who have a better chance at beating him than losing to him, bums.. then it's bum by association if he loses...

Maldonado beat that ass and gassed lol
The real point is....at this stage in his career, it’s gonna happen.

When Iverson and Kobe were punking Washington Wizards Jordan on the court, were those guys actually better?

Nevermind, you would probably say yes. Dumbasses gonna dumbass...do your thing.

I would love nothing more than for Fedor to win this tournament.

I don't see it happening though.

I am the biggest Fedor fan out there but hope is dwindling after his last couple of outings....

Is there any way he can go “classic” Fedor and get it done against these jokers that he would have gone thru in one night back in the day?

Please someone...anyone... tell me there is some light ahead....

almost every fight now, he shows up fat and slow. that work ethic is not there anymore

I think him and mir is a toss up.. and he did drop matt we didnt see much of how they match up the fight was a minute long, id say that's also winnable. I have a hard time picturing him dealing with Bader at this point in his career though

I'll give him a chance against Mir or Chael but Bader or Mitrione beat him pretty easy at this point.

This sums up my thoughts although I would remove the word "easy" on Mitrione considering he already dropped Meathead for a second once.

This sums up my thoughts although I would remove the word "easy" on Mitrione considering he already dropped Meathead for a second once.
All Fedor has to do is take Meatface down and use his sambo and sub game or pound that turtle out.

But these days, Fedor will stand in there and exchange wild punches and then get KO’d.

Why can't people deal with the fact that the game has evolved since Pride ? Fedor was great back in the days because he was the only athletic and well rounded HW in the business. Now it's pretty much the norm. So no, Pride Fedor would not run through the bellator HW, and he would get his ass handed to him against the actual top 5 in the UFC.

Edit : Fedor is also too small for modern HW. Back in the days guys were smaller or just fat. There wasn't many athletic 240/250 pounds guys.

He will definitely be remembered as one of the greatest, but time goes by ... :/

I don't understand this notion that the game has evolved, the heavyweight division is the worse form it's ever been. Derick Lewis is a top ten fighter, that tells you all you need to know about how mma has evolved.

I don't understand this notion that the game has evolved, the heavyweight division is the worse form it's ever been. Derick Lewis is a top ten fighter, that tells you all you need to know about how mma has evolved.

ngannou is #1

If he trains with Khabib's team he could go back to his roots: a wrestler/judoka/Sambo guy with brutal GnP

member how bad rampage looked?? at least fedor still has speed lol. aging sucks y'all

I really don’t see him getting by an HGH enabled Mir, maybe a 30% percent chance.

Chael would be an easy submission for him.

He has 0 chance at anybody who would make it out of the other halft of the bracket though. Fedor fans would have to hope for an injury or contract dispute, leading to some can of an alternate (Crocop perhaps?)

You are forgetting one thing: Fedor is now one of those bums
How the mighty have fallen. Replace Fedor with 2003-2005 Fedor and a cage with a ring and Fedor would be the overwhelming favorite to win this.

When he wins it all we will see a bunch of you jump back on the GOAT bandwagon.

I'm a true Fedor fan. You're not. Simply coz of the gif you used. Stop it. It's stupid.

Back