Can I do this?’ How #MeToo is changing the dating scene.

MikeMcMann

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And what if women's sexual desires are as diverse as the women themselves?

What if more women want men to be the initiator and to push the interaction and to try and over come their initial objections and win them over through persistence and desire?

is the same action right and correct to do when one woman wants it but wrong if another does not?

-------------------------

‘Can I do this?’ How #MeToo is changing the dating scene.

ANALYSIS | Are we getting to a place where women’s desires matter as much as men’s?

When Geoffrey Knight, 25, meets a woman at the bar, he’ll give her his number and wait for her to text rather than the other way around. He has thought about how men have the power in courtship, and with that, the ability to abuse it.

Knight still has his “Consent is sexy” T-shirt from freshman year of college. He completed a two-month discussion class on how to reject toxic masculinity.

This young male Washingtonian is well-prepared to date in the #MeToo era. Yet he is still thoroughly confused.

“It’s tough for me to know where the line is,” Knight says, “because it changes from woman to woman.”

Over the summer, he was in bed with a woman. When he put his hand on her breast, she swatted it away.

“You need to ask before you touch me,” he recalls her saying. Knight apologized, saying he had assumed it was okay because they had just had sex.

“You should never make that assumption,” she retorts.

A few months later, Knight has a different partner. He asked, “Can I touch you here?” “Can I do this?” every step of the way, and the woman wants to know: What is with all the questions? She prefers a more proactive approach.

According to a survey conducted by MTV in December, 40 percent of male respondents ages 18 to 25 say the #MeToo movement has changed the way they act in potential romantic relationships.

A 25-year-old single man in West Virginia, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of concern over his job security, has sent a few “If I ever did anything, I’m sorry” texts to exes. But there are some he has not spoken to and worries they might have a different take on their time together. “Those are the ones I worry about the most,” he says, “the ones that don’t want to talk to me.”

Now when he hooks up with someone, he wants to be extra-sure it is consensual, saying something like: “Hey, you’re cool with this, right?” Asking for consent “can be a mood-killer,” he says, “but it’s the smart thing to do.”

Some single men are so worried about coming on too strong that they will not be the one to lean in for a first kiss. “If the woman doesn’t make the first move, they’re not going to,”...” Hogi said she thinks this is a lot to ask, especially when so many single women do not even want to send the first message online, much less make the first move sexually.

But so what if these men are scared and confused? For ages, sex has held heavier consequences for women.

Perhaps we are just getting closer to gender parity, to a place where women’s desires in sex matter as much as men’s. “Nothing is going to change with men until we hold them to a higher standard,”

Sounds awfully complicated. Thankfully there are still normal women out there who think that laying in your bed, kissing, and touching your dong is a sign of compliance. Hopefully you all find lots of normal ones.

I don't know much about women. But I sure know they all like a complainer.
Those guys sound like they have it figured it out.
I mean how hard can it be to use common sense so you don't get done for rape?

Go for older women they still like confidence and a little bit of aggression when on the chase. Just don't be a dumbass and you should be good.

where can I buy that t-shirt?

Sounds awfully complicated. Thankfully there are still normal women out there who think that laying in your bed, kissing, and touching your dong is a sign of compliance. Hopefully you all find lots of normal ones.

Yeah I sometimes read these thread and then realize, I'd never find myself in a position of intimacy with a woman who would say I can't touch her breast after sex because I wouldn't be attracted to the worst our species has to offer.

This generation is so fucking retarded lol

My experience dating women in their early 20s is actually that they're incredibly sexually forward compared to how they were when I was that age.

There's a lot of talk about these controversial situations, and maybe there's a bit more (often, healthy) discussion around what consent means, but once you pass that point you shoot past GO so fast you don't have time to collect $200.

Probably a bit of a regional thing too.

I think everyone knows that women get hot for meek and timid guys who are overly apologetic and insecure around them

Can I get some god damned cliffs.

I'm at work for christs sake.

I think everyone knows that women get hot for meek and timid guys who are overly apologetic and insecure around them
Also pear shaped body and sucking their thumb in a fetal position in the corner.

Also pear shaped body and sucking their thumb in a fetal position in the corner.

Oh, you mean body positive males who are in touch with their toddler side

It happened a couple times, it must be the norm now

If you can't flirt/romance a woman into wanting your dick then you're probably a pussy right wing virgin.

The only people i see complaining about 'being scared to be physical with women because of #metoo' are the right wingers who live online.

This just gives them a reason to use for not getting any action. Oh and the Jordan Peterson 'women are harlots' angle.

the last couple women I've dated were in their early 20s. I have not experienced any of that. I think this story is more to try and push society rather than reporting on it.

Most women aren't the toxic portion of the me too movement. You can save yourself a lot of pain by just doing less random hook ups and only doing things with chicks you are actually interested in continuing to hang out with. It's the ones ironically hooking up that are also pulling off that post consent revoke stuff.

Cliffs- don't fuck strangers

Most women aren't the toxic portion of the me too movement. You can save yourself a lot of pain by just doing less random hook ups and only doing things with chicks you are actually interested in continuing to hang out with. It's the ones ironically hooking up that are also pulling off that post consent revoke stuff.

Cliffs- don't fuck strangers
Agreed. Plus anyone who is complaining about having sex with you obviously was not someone you should have had sex with and if you're honest with yourself you knew it before you did.

If you dont want a woman to act like that after fucking, dont fuck women who act like that. its not a difficult thing to do.

Back