Can someone explain Elias Theodorou ranking and push by UFC?

NoBiasJustMMA

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
I never got the hype for this guy. I remember when Theodorou was scheduled to face Boestch and was a big favorite and the Barbarian walked right through him. I was surprised to see that the UFC had him ranked 14th before his last fight as I think there are clearly more than 13 MWs in the UFC that are better than him. So what do you guys think is the reason for his inflated ranking and why do you think the UFC is pushing this guy?(promoting him more than others would be for what he's done).

Edit: I mixed up mixed up Theodorou with Josh Samman when I thought Theodorou fought Boestch cause they both have long hair and look similar and seem to have gotten hyped due to their looks rather than their fighting skills.

Last edited:
WME is pushing attractive fighters they believe can become movie stars. It's the whole reason they bought UFC to begin with, IMO. They are harvesters

They need a charismatic handsome Canadian to market soon. Tuf winner, unorthodox style on top of those things it seems they have found there pick.

I never got the hype for this guy. I remember when Theodorou was scheduled to face Boestch and was a big favorite and the Barbarian walked right through him. I was surprised to see that the UFC had him ranked 14th before his last fight as I think there are clearly more than 13 MWs in the UFC that are better than him. So what do you guys think is the reason for his inflated ranking and why do you think the UFC is pushing this guy?(promoting him more than others would be for what he's done).

Uh.....Elias fought Boestch?

when?

They need a charismatic handsome Canadian to market soon. Tuf winner, unorthodox style on top of those things it seems they have found there pick.

I was there live at 231.

And I almost fell asleep during Elias-Anders.

One of my friend met Elias.
He said to him

" I only train part time, for me it's a hobby,
I'm not really talented to be honest"
(true story I swear)

I don't get why EVERYBODY struggle Vs him.

He's painful to watch, might be the fighter I least enjoy to watch.

Last edited:
On of my friend met Elias.
He said to him

" I only train part time, for me it's a hobby,
I'm really not talented to be honest"
(true story I swear)

I don't get why EVERYBODY struggle Vs him.

He's painful to watch, might be the fighter I least enjoy to watch.

Me too.

Real nice guy. Always active on twitter. Gotten into a couple conversations with him online and he genuinely seems like a nice guy.

Most boring fighter on the roster. Hands down not even close.

I was there live at 231.

And I almost fell asleep during Elias-Anders.

Some of GSP fights were snoozers as well. Atleast Elias is throwing spinning shit in his boring fights I think he will be ok.

He's lost go Brad Tavares and Thiago Santos..... He never fought Boetsch.

Some of GSP fights were snoozers as well. Atleast Elias is throwing spinning shit in his boring fights I think he will be ok.
"At least" implies he does more than GSP did. That is factually wrong. Closer comparison is Anderson Silva fights where his opponent doesn't engage.

Those are more accurate comparisons where the fighter does nothing.

Nah.

GSP is not even close to being in Elias' territory.

Other than Hendricks, there were no close GSP wins.

He would dismantle opponents , with 50-45 scores very common.

Elias does the bare minimum in hopes of scooping up another split decision win.

Vs Hardy and Shields weren't good I agree

But the others GSP's fights were all pretty much fun.
Even tho most were one sided

You have quite the memory considering Theodorou has never fought Boetsch.

Theodorou is 8-2 in the UFC and both of his losses were competitive. Hell, he outstruck Thiago Santos in round 1 of their fight, and only lost because he gassed himself out going for takedowns.

Really dont know how the shit he does in there works and gets him wins

Feed him to Weidman. He needs a tune up fight.

Was this post sarcasm? I don't get it. This thread sucks.
Theodorou is 8-2 in UFC. He's not a top 15 due to promotional push or whatever the fuck you're suggesting.
Also, Boetsch never fought Theodorou. You must be thinking of when Boetsch fought Brad Tavares, i guess.

Back