Can someone explain this joke to me?

I don't know TS, but I sure did laugh.

Edit... now that I'm awake, it has nothing to do with knee size as I'd guessed while semi-awake.

Sounds like the guy gets the runaround and gets the runaround so long that he basically becomes a part of the system, or is just deemed as no threat - perhaps because enough time passed to make him harmless.

Last edited:
I see that as an acknowledgement that as a spy, you are part of the game and no one is looking to stop it. Everything outside of room 20 is just public relations.

KGB didn't give a shit about American spies

As long as he's not throwing shade at Bond ...
I thought that at first then I thought there must be more to it than that. Surely the world's greatest manlet would have a better joke than that

They think he's a Russian spy in room 20.

He didn't say he was an American spy, just a spy.

Was that a test to see how fast you can read? I kept up until the punchline.

It's the state of Russia. Nobody cares about the country's well being, they only care about getting their own shit done. Even though their own shit is supposed to benefit the country. Basically it's a bureaucracy joke.

I think room 20 contains the gloryhole booths.

For this you live another day

MV5BYmY3MmU0MjItNTM2Yi00ZDc2LTgzMmYtYTljOTMxNDY3OWZkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_CR0,45,480,270_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_.jpg

They think he's a Russian spy in room 20.

He didn't say he was an American spy, just a spy.
I think anyone from a former soviet bloc country would have a painfully acute understanding of this kind of humour.

You'd have to from Lubayanka to appreciate it

Back