Can someone explain to me what Conor is doing? Wasting his prime years on the couch.

We've seen it again and again, lighter weight fighters tend to fall out of their prime in their early 30's.

We aren't talking about Heavyweights here, Conor and his peers will not still be world champions at 40, it simply doesn't happen. The smaller you are the more speed matters, reflexes matter, and we have seen that the younger guys at these weights tend to do well compared to the old dogs.

Conor has made a lot of cash, but these long periods of inactivity are going to cost him inside the cage.

What excuse has he really got to be completely injury-free and take 2 whole years off? He fights in the two most stacked divisions in MMA, he'll be 31 in a year, needs to be careful in my humble opinion.

Thoughts?
He got the mayweather money, why keep fighting? He obviously doesn’t love it

That would make sense if he treated his body like a temple, but we all know he does drugs. Maybe cocaine is the ceiling.. maybe it's the floor.
Well I may or may not do drugs too so I can't really hate on him for that. Cocaine is fun when you're drunk.

As a fan I can see what he is doing is bad. But I also have to think he has a family now and is set for life and his children's life. Why not enjoy life will you can. Its not like he has to do any 9-5 job now. He is set for life, so all is good for him. It just sucks as fans that we dont get to see his talent. Thats the sucky part about being famous. Your life is no longer yours.

Yes it is.

His last ufc fight he made about 18 million supposedly. Safe to say he wants more than that.
Not fighting at all is making 0 money and that’s the other alternative.
Just because you hit a peak deal doesn’t mean anything less is a step backwards.
That’s just horrible logic.

He got his pay day and got the fuck out. Smart move. Don't want to end up like Shogun BJ Penn Saku etc.....

He is doing cocaine while trying to learn how to count his money

Hes dealing with legal issues presumably. Isn't he on probation?

You’re the worst poster on this site since kofinger, don’t @Me

why cause I can see that conor is ducking khabib and isn't even hiding it, that I see jon jones as the lying cheating scumbag not the perfect person and a saint of a man, that cris is ducking Amanda nunes to only fight more cans or leave to bellator.

He doesn't care about what the fans think or his "legacy". He wants stacks of cash in the easiest fashion possible.

Kind of hard to blame him.

he is waiting to be called out by the Goats:
Oscar De Lahoya or Paulie is his next fight

Conor is doing what Floyd did, waiting out his opposition's prime while he lives in luxury. He looks up to Floyd.

I've never seen fans of a fighter happy to see that fighter not fight before mcgregor came along. Bizarre.

He got the fights he wanted simple as. When theres a weak champ again he'll come back.

He is showing the fraud he truly was. Aldo is a great win but besides that not much. Beats a an Alveraz tailor made for him and they who ? Pre puberty Max, Poirer, short notice Mendes and Nate the gatekeeper.

Dude explained his plans very clearly YEARS ago. Get in, get rich, get out. Those were his plans.

He's not fully out now but he's at a point where he will fight rarely in order that when he does fight, it is a huge event with months of anticipation and massive ticket prices. Huge VIPs cageside. If he was to fight every 3 months it would become routine. "Oh look that guys fighting again, i'll skip it and catch the next one."

He knows what he's doing, more or less. Nobody in MMA has made as much money as him, as quickly as him.

Back