Can someone explain to me what Conor is doing? Wasting his prime years on the couch.

He's ducking for sure, but after you make 100m to fight Mayweather it makes some business sense, why go from a 100m payday to fighting contenders in divisions for a fraction of that? he's basically waiting for the biggest fight possible to return with, and one would assume thats vs Khabib but there's many ways that fight could fall through if they wait too long.

TrumpWrong1
Nope he made shit loads of money, he outplayed UFC, went to boxing and made crazy money being total boxing novice, fighting best boxer of this generation.
Conor is not stupid opposite to 95% of fighters.

He's taken a special secret position with Trump trying to fix the economy. Hence his recent photo with Putin while on assignment.

I thought he would have put together another blockbuster for this summer. I think people can get behind one blockbuster fight a year, and dude is positioned to be the big name in that fight going forward.

Maybe he's waiting for the right opponent, knowing if he loses it means diminishing returns on these fights in the future, and if Mayweather won't get in the cage it's probably better that he fights someone new.

There's nobody at lightweight in the UFC who can carry their weight on the promotional side, and Conor is already the established champion, so it's not like he's got to fight for his legacy at this point. Maybe a GSP fight would be lucrative, since he can claim to be the best ever and people know who he is. Other than that, any return bout would be worth less than the interest he earned off the mayweather payday sitting out 2018.

Maybe he already accomplished what was his original goal was in MMA and the UFC, maybe he already surpassed that goal.

I was the first here posting about the UFC stripping him when he wasn’t interested in defending, but now he’s a non-equation so who cares.

I don't hate Conor for earning a ton of cash and living the good life. Hell, I'd do the exact same thing if I were him.

What I DO hate is that, instead of retiring gracefully while on top, he held a whole division hostage and is still trolling us all with hits of a comeback. Which I don't believe is gonna happen.

Oh, and he trashed 3 fights with that dolly throw. That's fucked.

making 15-30 million is so hard.

at least ufc has conor on a rock solid contract so he either fight or stay at home tweeting stay ready
Well, there's also another thing. Contract expire. I don't know how long an UFC contract runs, but Conro may be waiting for that as well.

Only fighter ever to have championship belt removed TWICE due to refusal to fight.

Hmm...
Make $100 million fighting a retired boxer as a massive underdog (win/win)
Or
Make $5-10 million fighting a live dangerous MMA opponent as the favorite (lose/lose)

We are in a strange time now. Financially and health-wise, once you are a famous fighter, it makes far more sense to sit on the sidelines waiting for that one big marquee matchup, compared to taking all comers. Conor definitely made several times more than the rest of his career combined with the Floyd fight, for example. If he were to fight random people in the UFC it would make little sense - a single fight with GSP or Khabib in Russia would make many times more than random "challenger" fights. There aren't many fighters in this category currently though - probably just Lesnar and GSP; Jon Jones if he ever fights again.

Maybe of dana paid him what hes ask8ng hed be back
Id bet its prob a boxing style split of the ppv

Why does a rich guy not want to work for peanuts? Good question. Shall we call the Hardy boys to solve this mystery?

He already said hes gonna take off once he gets rich. He did it to become wealthy. No shame in that. I figure he only has a couple or few more fights before he retires officially.

2809670.main_image.jpg

Well, there's also another thing. Contract expire. I don't know how long an UFC contract runs, but Conro may be waiting for that as well.

ufc signed conor to a fights deal not time one.

it not like how cris is ducking nunes to walk into bellator when her contract is up.

ufc signed conor to a fights deal not time one.

it not like how cris is ducking nunes to walk into bellator when her contract is up.
Kid, jumping threads just to spew hate is low... even for a scumbag like you.
go hate on Cris on her own thread.

I'm sure you all would rush back to work with 100 million in the bank. So very honorable or whatever.

it seems he really just cared about the money and doesnt have passion for the sport/competition

contrary to sherdogs belief, thats pretty rare for a world champ athlete

Enjoying his prime years as a fit, healthy and incredibly wealthy individual rather than slogging away in a smelly gym getting kicked in the face by roided out gym rats

Sounds pretty decent

Back