Can someone tell Sonnen Fedor's Judo credentials?

Yes very few people realize he is much closer to a true judoka than samboist. Not that I give a fuck but there are some subtle differences. In sambo they will go for very high risk take downs that will get your ass beat if they go wrong and they love leg locks. Fedor has always looks more Judo in his trips, uchi mata, harai goshi, and then looks for dominant position or arm bar.

Tell big nog how sambo isnt dominant on the ground....

Sambo is mma in headgear and gi judo you don't even learn proper striking.

Tell big nog how sambo isnt dominant on the ground....

Sambo is mma in headgear and gi judo you don't even learn proper striking.

Come up with someone like Khabib and Fedor from 'sambo' in the history of MMA. Thanks for trying.

Yes very few people realize he is much closer to a true judoka than samboist. Not that I give a fuck but there are some subtle differences. In sambo they will go for very high risk take downs that will get your ass beat if they go wrong and they love leg locks. Fedor has always looks more Judo in his trips, uchi mata, harai goshi, and then looks for dominant position or arm bar.

I know right. If he was the number three behind Tmenov and Mikahlin, then he was very good heavyweight Judoka.

He should've done his homework!

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

I don't consider this social media
I would tell him but Im twitterless . BRB . Just checked and he has a FB (or maybe his people handle it). I'll post Fedors judo creds when Chael posts his next video , which will of course be about his fight with Fedor . I can post them in YT comments too .

I would tell him but Im twitterless . BRB . Just checked and he has a FB (or maybe his people handle it). I'll post Fedors judo creds when Chael posts his next video , which will of course be about his fight with Fedor . I can post them in YT comments too .

Do it, lol. It would be pretty awesome if we could change the narrative. I mean he's been talking shit about Judo, Sambo and Fedor. Only fair he knows that he's better Judoka than Sonnen is a wrestler?

I didnt even know Fedor and Chael played a judo match. I thought the MMA fighter fought the other MMA fighter.

It's not like Chael SOnnen not making the olympic teams behind some unknown guys, but it was Fedor behind world and olympic champions in Tmenov and Mikahlyin, probably I'm butchering their names, though.

I was always under the impression that Sambo isn't slick enough on the ground, nor is it strong enough on the feet, unless you are someone like Fedor or Khabib.

And from years of talking to people about it, in Russia, I think Judo and Sambo is interchangeable. Which makes sense, because when Fedor was growing up, I don't really think combat sambo really existed, at least in some official settings and was in the process of being formalized with official rules.

Some of the combat sambo guys may not be too slick and more jacks of all trades but the sport sambo guys are monsters. In fact I believe they train more on the ground then most Judo schools.

If you watch the world championship in sambo especially guys like igor kurinnoy (who apparently ran through nearly everyone at militech team) or kurzhev who pulls of submissions nobody in the ufc could do their ground game is as good as the best judo player. Sport sambo also has a much deeper talent pool then combat sambo.

Informing Sonnen is something which should be done, perhaps by the likes of yourself.

Some of the combat sambo guys may not be too slick and more jacks of all trades but the sport sambo guys are monsters. In fact I believe they train more on the ground then most Judo schools.

If you watch the world championship in sambo especially guys like igor kurinnoy (who apparently ran through nearly everyone at militech team) or kurzhev who pulls of submissions nobody in the ufc could do their ground game is as good as the best judo player. Sport sambo also has a much deeper talent pool then combat sambo.

That's why people say, which is I think it's a shame Minakov is not in UFC. Well, that's what people has been saying, but I don't really think we have a lot of Russian sambo guys on Sherdog anyways.

But, I don't think there has been Russian guy who has been a better Judoka than Fedor who did sports Sambo for Russia, since for someone to do that, you probably had to be number 1 or 2 at your weigh class, and Russian heavyweights from my understanding is pretty strong worldwide. I do think there have been world medalist from Judo who competed in sports sambo like Mongolia, and etc.

I mean, it's been some years since I wiked it, and lots of sambo events doesn't have all the infos, but when I checked it, I didn't see Russian Sports Sambo or Combat Sambo guy who had better Judo background than Fedor, but I've seen some Judo world medalist who went into Sports Sambo and medalled there.

For example, I think Minakov fought and beat a multiple? time Judo world medalist? I think could be wrong at world sports sambo finals.

Come up with someone like Khabib and Fedor from 'sambo' in the history of MMA. Thanks for trying.

By like khabib or fedor what do you mean??

A champion?

Andrei Arlovski was UFC champ multiple times and still in the ufc.
Vitaly minakov was bellator champ
Blagoi Ivanov was WSOF champ now in the ufc.
Oleg taktorov was UFC tourney winner

Legends and badasses of the sport?
Volk Han a true OG and bad ass
Sergei Kharitonov a Pride OG now in bellator
Igor Vovchanchyn Pride OG and legend

And for fun newer guys off the top of my head

Rustam Khabilov,Islam Makachev,Ali Bagautunov,Omari Akhmedov

Ok YOUR TURN .....

TS name judokas and Rousey doesn't count lmfao.

By like khabib or fedor what do you mean??

A champion?

Andrei Arlovski was UFC champ multiple times and still in the ufc.
Vitaly minakov was bellator champ
Blagoi Ivanov was WSOF champ now in the ufc.
Oleg taktorov was UFC tourney winner

Legends and badasses of the sport?
Volk Han a true OG and bad ass
Sergei Kharitonov a Pride OG now in bellator
Igor Vovchanchyn Pride OG and legend

And for fun newer guys off the top of my head

Rustam Khabilov,Islam Makachev,Ali Bagautunov,Omari Akhmedov

Ok YOUR TURN .....

TS name judokas and Rousey doesn't count lmfao.

I knew all that. Funny you think u said something new or anything

Back