Can Sonnen overcome Mitirones size?

CombatScience

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
If they had to face each other in Bellator tourney..can Sonnen overcome that size?

I think its too much. I alwas thought Mir and Mitirone would be in the finals

Nelson took him down multiple times.

Chael is a bawse wrestler.

Yep.

Chael will make Matt look like one of those assholes from Bully Beatdown

Hard to say. Chael has been working hard on his Jits. I think he's a purple closing on Brown atm?

Maybe if he gets him down...we shall see.

Has Sonnen ever been 1 punch KOed?

Loser gives his commentary gig to Justin Bieber.

Hoping so - War The Last Gangsta!

Chael could, but he also could burn out quickly trying to keep down a lean/in shape 260 lb 6’4” heavyweight.

I think he’s going to have problems.

Roy is also 40 pounds heavier than Chael. Either way, Chael will be submitted against Mir, if they face off.

Mitrione*

I think Chael would likely lose nowadays but not because of inability to overcome Matt's size.

I like Chael's takedowns and Matt seemed somewhat easy for Roy last night. And Roy has that big belly to get past in order to get low. Sonnen is pretty lean, faster than Nelson, and has a better top game. Roy had Mitrione in side control against the cage at the end of round 1 I believe, with 1:30 left and couldn't even get an elbow or punch off. Chael would've opened Mitrione up, I think.

Chael could, but he also could burn out quickly trying to keep down a lean/in shape 260 lb 6’4” heavyweight.

I think he’s going to have problems.

This is what I'm thinking. I think Chael gets a couple tds, but Mitrione will probably find a way back to his feet and box Sonnen up or maybe even tko him

This is gonna be a grind for Chael and no walk in the park

This is what I'm thinking. I think Chael gets a couple tds, but Mitrione will probably find a way back to his feet and box Sonnen up or maybe even tko him

This is gonna be a grind for Chael and no walk in the park
Actually a nice build to the fight - anticipation brings excitement.

And I am excited!

No way in hell Chael gets past Mir/Fedor

Meathead has winner of Bader/Mo

If I recall the brackets correctly...

It was a bit concerning how Roy held meathead down especially with wrestlers coming at him next and Roy having about the lean mass of a MW. But Roy has somehow always held his own with the big fellas and has one hell of a chin.

I don't think any of the non-HWs will be able to take Mitrione's shots.

Chael crumples after one of those lead uppercuts Meathead was landing on Roy, maybe not KO'd but he will be looking for the way out

My biggest concern is that he's probably gonna have to box Mir/Fedor winner

Seems like a bad idea to kick or TD

Chael would give up 33 lbs (222-255) to Matt. That's almost ww vs lhw

war Sonnen

Last edited:
Nelson took him down multiple times.

Chael is a bawse wrestler.

Yep.
To add to what you said, didn’t Chael take down rampage multiple times? If he could do that then I assume he can take down Mitrione cuz rampage was fat as shit for the tourney

To add to what you said, didn’t Chael take down rampage multiple times? If he could do that then I assume he can take down Mitrione cuz rampage was fat as shit for the tourney
giphy.gif

Back