Can Sonnen overcome Mitirones size?

I don't think he can. Rashad was too big for him. Jones was too big. .... the bigger HW are going to be as well.

Roy is also 40 pounds heavier than Chael. Either way, Chael will be submitted against Mir, if they face off.

yeah not sure what everyone is talking about. That's a VERY big size difference in MMA. And I'm sure Mitrione is going to work that wrestling.

Hopefully it won't even happen, it'll be Fedor vs Mitrione rematch!

Matt's wrestling looked pretty bad. Chael can definitely exploit that

I love how you guys act as if Mitrione isn't about 40 50 pounds bigger then Sonnen....Sonnen was fighting @ 185 the majority of his career.

I like Chael's takedowns and Matt seemed somewhat easy for Roy last night. And Roy has that big belly to get past in order to get low. Sonnen is pretty lean, faster than Nelson, and has a better top game. Roy had Mitrione in side control against the cage at the end of round 1 I believe, with 1:30 left and couldn't even get an elbow or punch off. Chael would've opened Mitrione up, I think.

Your av. made my day.

Chael is gonna turtle up after the first hard punch he gets and wait for the ref to stop it.

2E8A700C-070A-4490-988E-55AF33826FA2.jpeg Couture vs Silvia

A good wrestler can beat a much bigger man.

Especially if the bigger man sucks at wrestling.

Not saying Meathead can’t knock Sonnen out, but I wouldn’t say Sonnen can’t win.

—————————————————

Photo credit: whoatv.com

Back