Ortegoat

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
whats more impressive?

The Chris's two wins over the spider

or

Whittaker's 2 wins over Romero

AND can the Chris beat a fighter that isn't past his prime or the smaller man?

Obviously beating Anderson twice is better than "beating" Romero twice. Both sets of wins were unusual. Whitaker didn't even win the 2nd Romero fight.

I think Whitaker could be a long night for Chris. Chris gasses in 3 rounds so I favour Whitaker. Hopefully Chris doesn't go Hollywood again

Whittaker beating Romero. Twice.

Love Whittaker. He won twice, both times with a broken leg and hand. He just has his number. Dudes a beast and conquered the real life boogey man. But Weidman beating a champion Spider is a lot better imho.

Also i dont see how weidman beats whittaker in any way

I don’t think he can wrestle Bobby.
And He will get knocked out

I'll take Whitaker. Weidman hasn't look the same since the usada was instituted..

Nobody's talking about Romero being the goat.

If Weidman can clinch him and get him down then yes, he can win. That has proven to be easier said than done against Whitaker.

If Romero couldn't keep Whittaker down, I don't see how Weidman can.

Weidman will get starched by Whittaker. Chris is a homeless man's version of Yoel, no way he takes Rob down or keeps him down. He's also not 1/10th of the striker Rob is

Why is this even a thread?

images

Both Romero and Whitaker would destroy Anderson.

Beating Romero is more impressive than the way Chris beat Anderson. Caught Anderson clowning and then a freak injury. Neutralizing Romero in the first and then beating him in one hell of a brawl in the second is a bit more impressive.

As for them matching up: Weidman's chin won't hold up for that one. He likely won't be able to keep Whittaker down long enough to make anything happen on the ground and Weidman has been put down or out in his last four fights.

Chris has nothing for Whittaker. Chris is a great actor though and he can succeed in getting a DQ win by pretending to be hurt by a non existant illegal blow.

Beating Romero of course. Seeing how Romero made Weidman ktfo.

Whittaker would stop Weidman in 3 rounds.

Prime Silva is the GOAT, but the Romero that Whittaker fought was a tougher fight than Weidman's Silva

Romero is the tougher matchup.

However for the question in thread title. Yes the Chris can beat Whitaker it is mma after all and Chris is a good fighter. I would give him a 25-35 percent shot at great Whittaker

Back