Can The Chris regain respect?

AceCooch

Ace Land
@Brown
Reaction score
It really wasn't that long ago that he was a respected, undefeated, legend killer.

Now, he's a joke. Even after choking Gastellum out, he's got so many goofs on his record and whines so much, he's lost his brand as a nice/normal guy that destroys people.

Is there anything The Chris can do to regain the respect of the MMA community? Or is he just doomed to an eternity of That's My Boy! Popeye face, and Moose droppings?

Imo, I don't think the Chris will ever regain his legacy/respect. . . Even if he regains the MW title. I don't think he ever lives down these goofs. They are too iconic/memorable and overshadow all of his past and future accomplishments.

he can still win the belt back, but any more major losing streaks and id say its over for him.

What u talking about respect for ? these guys step in a cage in their underwear and throw fisticuffs for cash money baby. shovel ur respect up ur ass

Wouldn't mind seeing him beat Israeli Anabana.

Regaining the belt. The problem is I don't think he can hold it for long. If he ever wins it back you can bet you that Yoel and Luke Rockhold will come back down to kick his ass again.

The guy has a serious cardio problem ever since USADA came around and has taken heavy damage in like 3/4th s of his fight. I can't imagine he'll ever be the same again.

He should fight Anderson again. Everyone knows he got lucky twice. Anderson smokes him in the trilogy.

Chris Wineman is the worst. Cries after every defeat, wants a TS after any win. The only other goat crybaby is Edger. Whats with these Newyorkers. Man up already.

How is losing to 3 of the greatest MW fighters in MMA history considered to be goofs?

If he had lost to a couple of B level fighters sure but he has only lost to the best.

Romero got finished by Cavalcante... A B level fighter at best.

Mousasi got finished by Derek Brunson, barely a fringe top 10 fighter at his peak.

Whittaker has a loss to Court McGee, plus 2 guys I've never even heard of. (Hoon Kim with a 10-12 record...)

Rockhold got finished by Tony Rubalcava

Shit happens, its MMA. At least he has only lost to the best.

I mean I'm always going to laugh at him for the "He's still my boy!" and trying to pull a fast one in the Moose fight. He's still a great fighter though and I enjoy watching his fights. He's only lost to the absolute best of the division. I see no reason to not respect him as a fighter.

Back