Can the conor haters now apologize

so if he faces a good opponent means he has nothing to lose and if he faces a shitty opponent means he is guranteed to win. you can never win with the haters.

also 170 was to help nate with the weight cut conor actually did his opponent a favor and saved the card for his fans and ufc.

I don't know if you're being obtuse or just trolling at this point. Fighting at 170 helped Nate no more than it helped Conor. To wit:

1. Nate probably doesn't take the fight if he has to cut to 155 in less than 2 weeks. Let's not forget Nate was on vacation when the call came in offering the fight. Conor wants that fight because Nate is a very beatable guy with a name in the upper-tier of LW.

2. Conor was at the end of a training camp and should have been physically peaking. Now, he doesn't have to go through a weight cut down to 155 on top of that.

3. Nate should be an easy match-up for Conor; a flat-footed boxer with little power and without dangerous offensive wrestling. Never mind the fact that the entire world is aware of both Nick and Nate's aversion to checking leg kicks.

4. If Conor should lose a fight at 170, it doesn't hurt his standing at 155 and he had the built in cop-out that he lost to a guy two weight classes larger. An excuse he and his fans took every opportunity to milk, I might add.

looks like he is defending his belt. what are you gonna hate on now. come up with some new material. Conors insta is as legit as it gets.
Defend a few times . Against a few legit contenders iffyou wanna shut people up . What is he gunna defend once retire and call himself the goat . Come on

No.

You and many others are the same when it comes to thinking just because Khabib has great TD’s and ground game, it automatically means he would beat Conor. Like most, I guess you can’t realistically match fighters up based on their strengths and weaknesses and say he’s a bad match up for Conor because Mendes got him down a few times, while ignoring that Conor stopped more TD’s and got up quickly multiple times more than anybody else ever has against Mendes besides Aldo. This is the classic ‘this guy is a striker so the great grappler will obviously beat him’ bullshit. Khabib has so many holes on the feet and is so sloppy that he could easily get caught moving forward and put away.

He could also end up getting Conor down and beating him, but all fights start on the feet and you can’t just go shoot for a TD on Conor and expect to get it. Chad got his TD’s by setting them up with strikes and movement, something Khabib really doesn’t have. People talk about how great Khabibs TD’s and ground game is but apparently don’t even know how he actually does these things and just generalize about it and think they’re smart. Again, meaning they (I guess, you) don’t understand how to match fighters up realistically from a technical standpoint. Maybe we can all get into details later when I’m at a computer and not using this shit phone.

It’s not as simple as ‘lol Khabiby will take him down and thrash him lol’. Most people don’t even actually pay attention to what they’re watching during the fights though so I’m not surprised. Instead of watching purely for entertainment, watch to learn something from now on. Go rewatch all of Khabib’s fights. His best (and basically only work) comes from when he’s pushed his opponent to the fence, then he swarms with wild hooks, uppercuts, or a jumping knee and he does this to force his opponent to cover up so he can immediately initiate the clinch and have double under hooks right away or shoot for the TD and have his hands clasped and be under his opponents hips so he can get them down. If he can’t back Conor up, he’s fucked.

If he does back Conor up, there’s still a very high chance he gets cracked on the way in when he throws strikes to make Conor cover up so he can clinch and immediately have the advantageous position or the TD attempt. Of course, this post will be ignored and again you (possibly others) will likely generalize again and imply (or straight up say) that Khabib takes him down just like that and mauls him.

Don’t. Know. Shit.
Conor has the advantage cause the fight starts standing . The gap on the ground is just as big if not bigger then the one on the feet . The X factor is khabibs chin which looked damn good against MJ

Until i see an official statement by the UFC and actually seeing that jabroni fighting Tony, probably.

He was supposed to defend at his next fight. You can choose to agree with his decision to get ktfo by a pillow fisted boxer with soft gloves but that doesn't mean he was supposed to take the fight ( or any of the Diaz or LW fights).
Maybe you don't understand what supposed means since you clearly believe choice is the same thing.

Who said he was supposed to defend? You lol? And are you saying you'd turn down a 100M dollar floyd fight to instead defend your title?

Who said he was supposed to defend? You lol? And are you saying you'd turn down a 100M dollar floyd fight to instead defend your title?
Once again, what he was supposed to do is (and can be) different than what he wants to do. I am supposed to show up at work on time but if I really want to get a donut first, I will do that. My desire for the donut doesn't change what I was supposed to do.
Now from a employee obligated stance, he is just about the only fighter to be given the opportunity to fight outside of the UFC while still on contract. This was, of course because the UFC owners got compensated heftily for the fight. So in that sense, it wasn't Mcgregor breaking the rules, but the owners changing them for him - for their own benefit. What I don't get is how the nuthuggers are ok with Mcgregor doing it but would slam anybody else. From a business standpoint, Mcgregor and the owners were happy as were his fans. For many others, turning the title system into a further joke is not what the UFC is supposed to do.
The funny thing is, by saying it is OK, the nuthuggers are giving their protein source less credit and the haters are giving him too much (IMO). 5 years from now, this event will be long forgotten and will not have really affected the UFC - it is bigger than one fighter, even Mcgregor.

Once again, what he was supposed to do is (and can be) different than what he wants to do. I am supposed to show up at work on time but if I really want to get a donut first, I will do that. My desire for the donut doesn't change what I was supposed to do.
Now from a employee obligated stance, he is just about the only fighter to be given the opportunity to fight outside of the UFC while still on contract. This was, of course because the UFC owners got compensated heftily for the fight. So in that sense, it wasn't Mcgregor breaking the rules, but the owners changing them for him - for their own benefit. What I don't get is how the nuthuggers are ok with Mcgregor doing it but would slam anybody else. From a business standpoint, Mcgregor and the owners were happy as were his fans. For many others, turning the title system into a further joke is not what the UFC is supposed to do.
The funny thing is, by saying it is OK, the nuthuggers are giving their protein source less credit and the haters are giving him too much (IMO). 5 years from now, this event will be long forgotten and will not have really affected the UFC - it is bigger than one fighter, even Mcgregor.

Sorry but I don't buy that. If he was supposed to do something, then it would be in his contract, and they'd essentially make him do it. Where are you getting this from? Where does it say what he's supposed to do?

What he and all fighters are supposed to do, is do the best they can in the industry they've chosen to work in. It's a martial arts and entertainment industry, so what you're supposed to do is fight well and make people want to see you fight. McGregor has done exactly what he's supposed to do. Fight well and be entertaining. Just because he's not doing what you want, doesn't mean he's not doing what he's supposed to be doing.

Sorry but I don't buy that. If he was supposed to do something, then it would be in his contract, and they'd essentially make him do it. Where are you getting this from? Where does it say what he's supposed to do?

What he and all fighters are supposed to do, is do the best they can in the industry they've chosen to work in. It's a martial arts and entertainment industry, so what you're supposed to do is fight well and make people want to see you fight. McGregor has done exactly what he's supposed to do. Fight well and be entertaining. Just because he's not doing what you want, doesn't mean he's not doing what he's supposed to be doing.
So you think his contract said he was supposed to box? Like I said, UFC brass allowed him to do it so from a employment stance, it's all good; from a fan of MMA's standpoint, beyond lame. I would rather the UFC be a little firmer with their fighters when they are a) champions and b) not incapable of fighting. You want half a year off, fine but that second half will cost you the belt and you don't get to be next in line. Get injured in the second half? Bummer. The Penguins don't get to sit out the year and say "We will play for the Stanley Cup when we want and in the mean time, nobody else can." Not fighting when you are the champ and capable is ducking and Mcgregor has never defended a belt which makes him the biggest duck in MMA history.

So you think his contract said he was supposed to box? Like I said, UFC brass allowed him to do it so from a employment stance, it's all good; from a fan of MMA's standpoint, beyond lame. I would rather the UFC be a little firmer with their fighters when they are a) champions and b) not incapable of fighting. You want half a year off, fine but that second half will cost you the belt and you don't get to be next in line. Get injured in the second half? Bummer. The Penguins don't get to sit out the year and say "We will play for the Stanley Cup when we want and in the mean time, nobody else can." Not fighting when you are the champ and capable is ducking and Mcgregor has never defended a belt which makes him the biggest duck in MMA history.

Yeah, punishing huge draws and disabling themselves from making certain matchups sounds like a great idea for the UFC lol....

"So you think his contract said he was supposed to box?"
Umm, no, I asked what you said is in his contract that he is supposed to do. You asking if boxing was in his contract doesn't answer the question.

"Mcgregor has never defended a belt which makes him the biggest duck in MMA history."
Typical lame hater talk.

Yeah, punishing huge draws and disabling themselves from making certain matchups sounds like a great idea for the UFC lol....

"So you think his contract said he was supposed to box?"
Umm, no, I asked what you said is in his contract that he is supposed to do. You asking if boxing was in his contract doesn't answer the question.

"Mcgregor has never defended a belt which makes him the biggest duck in MMA history."
Typical lame hater talk.
For the record, I have never seen any UFC contract but what the general consensus is, is that fighters are prohibited in some way to fight in any other organization without the UFCs consent. I imagine that if you are the champ, somewhere it states you have to defend your belt if you have more fights left (which is probably why you never see guys with one fight left get a title shot) within a reasonable amount of time - for this the UFC and Mcgregor get an F. They gave him their consent to box because it was a business decision, just like giving him the LW shot. Heck for all we know it was part of the bigger picture in conjunction with Mayweather in the first place. Everybody who was rich got richer and Mayweather gets to say he is 50-0. At the same time, Mcgregor is 2-2 over the last 2 years.

As far as calling him a duck being hater talk, it's just the truth. No other fighter has gone 2 years without defending, while capable. And you cannot say any other fighter was ducking because they fought whoever they were told to by the UFC. Even if they appeared to choose the opponent, you can't complain because according to you it was who they were supposed to fight.

For the record, I have never seen any UFC contract but what the general consensus is, is that fighters are prohibited in some way to fight in any other organization without the UFCs consent. I imagine that if you are the champ, somewhere it states you have to defend your belt if you have more fights left (which is probably why you never see guys with one fight left get a title shot) within a reasonable amount of time - for this the UFC and Mcgregor get an F. They gave him their consent to box because it was a business decision, just like giving him the LW shot. Heck for all we know it was part of the bigger picture in conjunction with Mayweather in the first place. Everybody who was rich got richer and Mayweather gets to say he is 50-0. At the same time, Mcgregor is 2-2 over the last 2 years.

As far as calling him a duck being hater talk, it's just the truth. No other fighter has gone 2 years without defending, while capable. And you cannot say any other fighter was ducking because they fought whoever they were told to by the UFC. Even if they appeared to choose the opponent, you can't complain because according to you it was who they were supposed to fight.

The UFC can change their contracts if they want. You said people can't fight elsewhere without consent, but he had consent. And ducking means avoiding certain fights. Conor didn't avoid anything. He just chose different fights. If you choose to eat steak it doesn't mean you're avoiding chicken. I really don't see the big deal in all of this. Fans and fighters hate on McGregor for doing exactly what they would do too if they were in his position. They're just complaining because they don't think it's fair how much more money he's made. But he's earned it by marketing himself and putting himself in the position to make that money. Anyway we can agree to disagree because it doesn't seem like we're ever gonna agree on anything.

I hespect Conor but my only criticism towards him was in regards of him delaying the division and not defending titles. If he does fight Cucuy before summer 18, he will shut my mouth big time.

Back