Can TJ and Henry grow the smaller weight classes

Tj yes. With slight charisma. Will need help.

I dont think Henry has any charisma what so ever. So no on this one

This. Also TJ’s fight style is way more viewer friendly

henry cejudo can't even beat joseph benavidez, get outta here with that shit

TJ thus far is not a draw, nor a fan favorite type, but his skill set does speak a lot to fans and casuals. If he could simmer down with the frat boy attitude, jock persona, and humble himself a bit, he could possibly gain a decent following.

Cejudo will never be a fan favorite imo, he has a very bland personality and has yet to prove he has a Dominant, fan friendly, skill set. He beat DJ by laying and praying, that doesn't win the hearts and enthusiasm of fans, even if it barely wins a fight. Then to be so delusional to think that TJ would fight him at 135, when TJ has made it clear that he would only fight him at 125, to obtain a second belt, is very odd.

Cody and O'Malley, can both make 125, as well as 135.. if either can win a belt in either division, they could potentially bring a bit of fanfare into the 125 and/or 135 divisions.

If only Kid Yamamoto was good as advertised.

yeah he will get it then he will drop the 125 one, most likely

^ Another one of MM's reasons for not wanting to fight TJ for the FlyW belt. He didn't want his division to be left the way Conor left FW and LW. As MM said "if you want a free title shot, go to LW. They have an open spot because their Champ isn't defending." - Paraphrased a bit

^ Another one of MM's reasons for not wanting to fight TJ for the FlyW belt. He didn't want his division to be left the way Conor left FW and LW. As MM said "if you want a free title shot, go to LW. They have an open spot because their Champ isn't defending." - Paraphrased a bit
that's a really bullshit reason, like he has high morals or something. he didn't want to fight dillashaw, that's it. now, if dillashaw beats cejudo, TJ can still be the champ and face MM to defend his title, and now MM won't be able to run, unless he doesn't want to fight for the title

I don't know. I'm just glad Mighty Duck isn't champ no more.

that's a really bullshit reason, like he has high morals or something. he didn't want to fight dillashaw, that's it. now, if dillashaw beats cejudo, TJ can still be the champ and face MM to defend his title, and now MM won't be able to run, unless he doesn't want to fight for the title

Oh so you're saying you know him and he DOESN'T have high morals or something? I mean, he also wanted TJ to fight a top 5 at FlyW to insure he can make weight at the very least. He and TJ even agreed on getting TJ's pay if TJ missed weight, but Dana and Co declined because their boastful confidence in TJ making weight was BS.

Also, MM has offered to move up to fight for the BW belt before, but Dana said it "wasn't marketable". Let TJ demand a shot at 125, and somehow now it's the biggest fight in the lighter divisions. When has MM ever said no to a fight? He fought at BW against the best in the world (at that time) while only training part-time...but now that he's evolved into such a better fighter he is all of a sudden scared? Haha okay. If that makes sense to you.

Oh so you're saying you know him and he DOESN'T have high morals or something? I mean, he also wanted TJ to fight a top 5 at FlyW to insure he can make weight at the very least. He and TJ even agreed on getting TJ's pay if TJ missed weight, but Dana and Co declined because their boastful confidence in TJ making weight was BS.

Also, MM has offered to move up to fight for the BW belt before, but Dana said it "wasn't marketable". Let TJ demand a shot at 125, and somehow now it's the biggest fight in the lighter divisions. When has MM ever said no to a fight? He fought at BW against the best in the world (at that time) while only training part-time...but now that he's evolved into such a better fighter he is all of a sudden scared? Haha okay. If that makes sense to you.
he wanted him to fight another guy to ensure he could make weight. it makes some sense, but because his division would be without a champion.... eh, it smells like duck. also what do you mean by offered? offered to move up by asking 1+ million purse? this was never realistic, he doesn't sell enough to ask that

he wanted him to fight another guy to ensure he could make weight. it makes some sense, but because his division would be without a champion.... eh, it smells like duck. also what do you mean by offered? offered to move up by asking 1+ million purse? this was never realistic, he doesn't sell enough to ask that

Yes, fight another fighter at 125 and MAKE WEIGHT to show he CAN make weight. Also, it would undeniably make him a top contender at the division where he has never competed at before.

By OFFERED, I mean he had put it out there to fight Dom and/or Cody while they were Champs for their belt. There was no talk of money at that time, but it was said that a "super fight" was not marketable. Also, him asking for 1+ million was not unrealistic. He was asking for that because Dana wanted to switch his opponent at the last minute for the former BW Champ who didn't want to wait the couple months for Cody to heal. He was not literally asking to be paid in millions, but something more than what was offered. His original fight against Ray Borg basically guaranteed the same money as he was offered against TJ. He still got PPV points for his fight against Ray Borg, and he said his fights against so-called no names actually earned him more money than his fights against known guys like Dodson and Benavidez. Now you tell me who WOULDN'T ask for more money when they are being strong-armed into taking a fight against not just a new opponent, but an opponent from a HIGHER weight division and ranked in P4P?

If TJ had actually shown he could cut down to 125 and MM still didn't accept, I would also believe he ducked the fight. If Dana/UFC offered to pay more and he still didn't accept, I would also believe he ducked. I respect MM for turning down a fight that didn't really make any sense. If the fight was accepted at 135, it would make sense. Hell, if it was a catch-weight it would make more sense than TJ coming down to fight for the 125 belt. I respect that MM had the clarity to see that -IF- TJ won and didn't defend and decided to vacate the belt, it would probably mean the end of 125 in the UFC.

300k for a card filled with smaller fighter isn't terrible. It seems like TJ/Cejudo is imminent at 125, even MM has signed off on it. TJ is a top 3 p4p fighter and Cejudo the Mexican American(does this matter?) gold medalist who beat MM.
They are starting to do their own promos with Mario Lopez + tmz
TJ has defended his belt and MM will be out for a while, I think this is the time to do this fight

I understand that Cody Garbrandt probably was a big factor in the higher than usual buyrate
This is exactly the kind of thinking the WME era UFC is all about but for me it is desperate and sad.
Cejudo has ZERO defenses and barely won the belt. He was actually gifted it by judges who disregarded the OVERT and SPECIFIC wording of the rules to give him the decision. TJ has one defense. How does that call out for a "Super Fight"? Does anyone think the TJ vs Henry fight is more competitive or important then TJ vs Cruz or Moraes or Assuncao? How about Henry vs Benavidez or DJ rematch?

Jumping to that fight between champions with no history of dominance is pointless and damaging to the Divisional relevance of all fights between contenders. Why should anyone care about MMA as a sport if there is no sport? Imagine if the Yankees and Dodgers were to play the World Series each year regardless of their records? They have the largest fan base in each league so would be the highest rated so why not? The answer is if they dont have to earn it and the other teams never get a chance to earn it the league dies.

Back